Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Kinghts

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Tacos

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 20 47.6%

• Total voters
I talked the owner of Lanxang Tactical. He is a good guy with a A1 operation. His build techniques are second to none. Clean like a surgeon at the time. We spoke for an hour that day I visited. I thought it was a parts supplier but we sat in the truck and talked for an hour. He is a good dude. I know at the time he used Walther Luthar barrles in his AR15'S that might have changed.

I've never owned a .308 or similar upsized A.R. 15 type rifle, but I've shot three of them at 100 and 200 yards.

They make a good range gun, but I was really surprised by their weight... they felt heavier than I expected, and heavier than a scoped M 14/Springfield M1A.

(although that could be just simply a matter of perception, because I'm used to AR15s being lightweight rifles, and the AR10 /DPMS 308 certainly were not light!)

I had a DPMS AR 10. 22 inch bull barrel. Dang thing weighed a ton. Traded it in a SIG 716. It wasn't as accurate as the DPMS so I quit fooling around with shelf guns and built my own. Finally got the accuracy but I wasn't a cheap build. The dang bolt carrier group at the time was 300, I think it was just under a grand for the BCG and Barrel.

If you build an AR10 stick with parts that specifically note that they are DPMS or LR308 compatible. It takes a lot of the guess work and complications that can arise from the different specs of certain manufacturers. It makes it a lot easier.

I liked my DPMS LR-308 and after getting a Daniel Defense DD4 V7 I went out and got the DD5 V4 and really like that.

I was going to sell my DPMS but it shoots well enough I decided to keep it.

Am interested in the Sig 716i but can't justify the cost. If I snagged a Ruger SFAR I'd probably sell the DPMS.

I owned a 16” VL-34, wouldn’t run suppressed. I even took it to Lanxang in conyers and had them tube the rifle with the can and ammo I was shooting, still never more than 5 rounds without malfunctioning.

Was insanely accurate. They did tell me the 16” tend to be more finicky, I haven’t had an 18” or 20” from them so I don’t know. But that 16” was a PITA.

Back
Top Bottom