• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best ATV Dealer (within driving distance)

Junior_357

Default rank 5000+ posts
Former Disgruntled Architect
47   0
Reaction score
I am looking for a new ATV, and am interested in hearing anyone and everyone's experiences with metro ATL dealers, or any dealer within a reasonable driving distance of the metro area.

I've already spoken with my local dealer (let's face it, there is really only 2 in ATL now), and they are just short of being crooks. I don't have any problem with a business making money, but when one tries to make add 20% to the cost of a vehicle with fee on top of fee on top of fee, then that's where I draw the line. Especially when there are two dealers just across the TN-GA line that sell their product at reasonable prices and do not add ridiculous fees. If only I wanted a Honda, I'd be set.

Anyway, what's everyone's experience with their preferred dealership?

Suzuki? Kawi? Can-am? Polaris? Yamaha?

First choice: Yammer...but I'd have to find a 2014 in back-stock somewhere since they no longer make the 550. But it's completely possible...I've found several out of state already.

Second choice: Suzuki 500AXi EPS. Was my first choice...but like the looks of the Yamaha better.

Distant third: Honduh. But at the price they want for a 500-class machine, they are missing way too many horses out of that weak 475 engine. They should have stuck to the old 499 Rubicon engine, instead they chose to go with the Foreman engine. 27hp just doesn't get it in the 500-class these days. At least the 499 had 33+hp. The 475 is pushing 27hp. A 420 Rancher has about 25-26hp...so why go for the bigger machine?

No question about it. Southern Honda Powersports in Chatanooga. They buy in bulk, sell very low priced and try to get you to buy all the extra doo dads. That's where they make their money. I bought my 2013 420 Rancher there in Nov 12 for $3,999.00. The dude tried to get me to buy a bunch of ad dons but I would not.

No question about it. Southern Honda Powersports in Chatanooga. They buy in bulk, sell very low priced and try to get you to buy all the extra doo dads. That's where they make their money. I bought my 2013 420 Rancher there in Nov 12 for $3,999.00. The dude tried to get me to buy a bunch of ad dons but I would not.

I know all about them. Like I said, if I wanted a Honda, I'd be all set. There are actually 2 Honda dealers up there that operate the exact same way from what I have heard. Honda of Chattanooga and Southern Honda. Now if they would only rep Yamaha, or Suzuki for that matter.

If only Honda would make an effort to catch up with everyone else, I'd be highly encouraged to buy one. At the moment, they are about 10-12 years behind almost every other ATV manufacturer. Yamaha introduced IRS suspension into their quad lineup in 2002. Until last year, Honda only had 1 IRS machine - the Rincon. Nothing in the 500 class with IRS. Straight axle machines with 6-7" of ground clearance. The Rincon is a 700-class machine...and has always been ridiculously expensive. Sure, they are reliable machines and have the best transmission in the business. But at the moment, all Honda sells in the 500cc class is two underpowered, overpriced machines. And I can't bring myself to support them with my money. That extra grand between the Honda and Suzuki is enough to change out wheels and tires, or outfit the machine with winch, bumpers and other accessories. I can't buy a Honda just for the name. There's not enough difference in reliability across the Jap brands to merit the Honda surcharge anymore...

Back
Top Bottom