• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

best bang for buck ar red dot/optic?

Carry_on

Default rank <750 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
19   0
Reaction score
so im in the market for 2 forms of optics.one for my ar15 and one for my ar pistol.and like everyone else im not looking to spend trijicon money.

maybe holosun? sightmark? vortex?
so at that note whats some of the choices do i have as a fellow "budget guy?

thanks in advance
and as always,
carry on!

Just bought a vortex AR for a plinking build and it has been outstanding. No more buttons acidentally pushed and the AAA battery is a nice bonus. For that price range it'd be my first pick with a Lucid behind it closely. The Primary Arms have been hit or miss for me and a I wasn't impressed with the Holosun, nice yes but I'd rather have the Vortex. Beyond that it's straight to an Aimpoint Pro or T1/H1 for me.

Edited to add I think you still might be able to do the Jet.com deal for 155ish on the Vortex.

I have a Lucid but it died and I had to send it back. Vortex seems to have a pretty strong game right now. A lot of 3 gun pros use their stuff so it gets beaten pretty hard. As far as self defense is concerned I wouldn't trust any budget optics though.

I used to be an aimoint guy. Ran them on all my rifles. Got the PA just because the price was too good not to try...

It's taken all the abuse my Aimoint did. Dropped. Hit against barricades. Rain. No issues.

And at a fraction of the price. I trust it.

Gotta vortex strikefire2 (aimpoint wanna be) on my 16" ar and Sightmark (eotech wanta be) on my 7 1/2" ar pistol. So far so good . bout 4000rds thru rifle and bout 500rds thru pistol. I like'em , i hit what i aim at . If i could afford trijicon i'd have trijicon or better though

Back
Top Bottom