• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

best bang for buck ar red dot/optic?

Heres some pics of the Vortex Sparc AR on a pistol. I like it so far. I would at least give it a looksee.

FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg

so im in the market for 2 forms of optics.one for my ar15 and one for my ar pistol.and like everyone else im not looking to spend trijicon money.

maybe holosun? sightmark? vortex?
so at that note whats some of the choices do i have as a fellow "budget guy?

thanks in advance
and as always,
carry on!
Check this out

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 17
ace65b8b586d5772fe2c12d3a6f6b6b2.jpg
. This is a Bushnell TRS 25 on one of my ARs. Very light good size moa of the dot, you can really get back on targets real quick with this red dot.

I took a shot at the low-end Sightmark QD Digital Switch.
Maybe I got lucky, but this sight is right-on and stays that way. I have no battery issues. I've popped it on and off the rail several times and it holds zero dead-on.
(Mounted on a CSA receiver-railed VZ 58 , banging 7.62x39).
The trick seems to be to zero the sight on your preferred reticle (it has 4 to choose from) and leave it there. I like the circle-dot myself. I wish it was a larger MOA circle - 65, like the EoTech's, but the 50 MOA circle and 3 MOA dot still provide for rapid target acquisition and accuracy. It is "parallax-corrected", which means there is slight distortion of the reticle if viewed from a sharp, top angle... but for the rest of the viewing area - it round goes right where the circle-dot is.

I'm hearing good things about Holosun and even the Fieldscope. The low-end sights know they have to up their game to stay relevant....and many of them are. Someday an EoTech will land in my Christmas stocking, but until then, I'm happy.

I have both the PA Micro Dot and Advanced Micro Dot. The biggest differences are controls and battery life. I don't have to remove the sight to change batteries in either of mine. FWIW, PA is rebranded Holosun. Prices run very similar. Holosun has more available options than PA. PA has excellent customer service though and FAST shipping. I had the original Vortex SPARC (not the II). Sold it. Didn't like the controls or the less common battery. SPARC II addressed those issues.

I like a larger viewing area. I know the Aimpoints are considered way up there - and many of the Micro-dots are copying them. Just like Sightmark has copied the 35+mm EoTech field of view.
The "Tube" sights are too close in for me.

Just easier for me to bring up the larger field and get reticle on target.

Back
Top Bottom