• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best beans for home made chili?

Chili with beans you mean ;)

Most of the time I use the chili beans from kroger. They are puntos.

Sometimes I use pinto & kidney.

I have used pinto , kidney an pork n beans an it was good too.

I like it good n meaty and 1 can of my maters will have jalapenos in it.

Do you guys eat your chili thin or thick? I make mine thin for my wife then put enough crackers in it to where I can eat it with a fork. I also make mine spicy, cook jalapeños in with it and sometimes a little mushrooms. In my desperate bowl I put ground Carolina reaper pepper in it. (Can’t in the pot it’s too hot for my wife).

Do you guys eat your chili thin or thick? I make mine thin for my wife then put enough crackers in it to where I can eat it with a fork. I also make mine spicy, cook jalapeños in with it and sometimes a little mushrooms. In my desperate bowl I put ground Carolina reaper pepper in it. (Can’t in the pot it’s too hot for my wife).
That sounds like fire hole chili :target:

we aint in Texas and mine is never the same twice. Sometimes deer sausage and ground deer, sometimes ground deer only. Sumpin on the shelf that looks like it might help and in it it goes. Maters go in last as do the texas sweet onions. powdered chili mix and texas pete and crackers to suit you,maybe even rice the next couple of days. Never any left overs and won an award once. Trick is a small can of sweet corn at the end

Thick....but I make it MILD.

Back
Top Bottom