• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Bourbon that doesn't break the bank?

CB50A7F3-774F-40B9-A16C-C7DF1DED9721.jpeg

mattmatt nice purchase! Blanton's is a good gift................for yourself! lol

Over the weekend, I was able to try a new bourbon, well, at least to me. The bourbon is Widow Jane. I tried the 10yr Widow Jane. I has a rather high, 20%, rye mash bill, and is listed as 91 proof. There was an expected rye burn, but to me, not horrible. It does have a decent finish, but just not what I would buy......especially a $70 bucks a bottle!!!! If you have the chance, definitely try it, but I just cannot recommend buying at the price they want for it. Many bourbons better at less than $70 a bottle.
Just my opinion, and what do I know.

mattmatt nice purchase! Blanton's is a good gift................for yourself! lol

Over the weekend, I was able to try a new bourbon, well, at least to me. The bourbon is Widow Jane. I tried the 10yr Widow Jane. I has a rather high, 20%, rye mash bill, and is listed as 91 proof. There was an expected rye burn, but to me, not horrible. It does have a decent finish, but just not what I would buy......especially a $70 bucks a bottle!!!! If you have the chance, definitely try it, but I just cannot recommend buying at the price they want for it. Many bourbons better a less than $70 a bottle.
Just my opinion, and what do I know.
Tried Widow Jane awhile back. I too thought it was just mehhhh. Wouldn't buy again at the price point. Many much better options abound. I still love Blantons, but liked it much more before it became trendy, hard to find, and more expensive. Weller is still my day to day go to....

Reactions: JWC
When I was a contractor with the Commonwealth of KY, we had our Christmas parties at Buffalo Trace distillery in Frankfort. Tasty bourbon too, but couldn't drink a lot because the boss-lady was there.

Reactions: JWC
Back
Top Bottom