• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Bourbon that doesn't break the bank?

I dont doubt that but I do like MGP stuff. I was thinking that would be the cream of the crop as far as MGP goes.

MGP has millions of barrels stowed away and they sell thousands upon thousands to different distilleries that are not quite established or have product aged enough to sell yet. Boone County, High West, Tin Cup, Belle Meade, and even Chattanooga Whiskey. Few of these now make their own and have phased out MGP which will
Never be seen again.

The thing about MGP being great has to do with the person(s) with excellent tasting abilities to choose the proper liquor. I’ve had some seriously crappy aged MGP before as well as some outstanding stuff that was much much younger. MGP has so many variations of mash bills it’s almost like an experiment in real life.

They might only barrel up 10 barrels of a specific mash and age it for 10 years and it’s a complete bust and then do it again and make a few adjustments and it’s amazing!

Remus has a qualified team but it’s hard to compete with the big dogs that have perfected a mash, age, and consistency.

Isnt Remus MGPs house brand?

Remus went to MGP and purchased a large amount of barrels to transfer to their own bottles and label. Once they bottled it all up, they don’t have anymore to sell.

They then go back and taste several barrels offered that have multiple clones. The choose via taste the ones they are allowed to purchase. It seems they’ve secured the barrel blend they want to use and will be bottling it up soon.

By law they have to list the youngest aged barrel on the back of the label if they blend it with other barrels. Example 11 yr MGP mixed with 5 yr actual bourbon they made... must list 5yr age not 11.

Left to right... Friends, Good Friends, What's In It For Me?

Attachments

• 5287F010-0112-4FF8-99CA-17AE0D05543A-8300-000013519FCB2CF9.jpg
    5287F010-0112-4FF8-99CA-17AE0D05543A-8300-000013519FCB2CF9.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 24
Back
Top Bottom