• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Budget Blaster?

Hello ODT, my name is Sam, and I've purchased/sold a few items now... Just getting my feet wet in here.

As the title states, I am looking for an extreme budget gun that can be used in a challenge between myself and a few friends I've met along my journey. We decided there isn't really a budget for this but the most "Bang for your Buck" is the overall goal with our girlfriends/fiancé's being the judges. (As in cheapest firearm that you can actually enjoy)

Categories are scored as follows. They will be judging our firearms without knowing who purchased what.
(Highest points wins) :laser:

Overall Look - They will determine if they would buy it/use it. 1-10 points.
Function - Its gotta work. Every Jam or malfunction is 1 point off. They have to shoot at least 10 rounds.
Accuracy - Paper Targets at 10/20/50yds and one at 75 yards. 3 shots for the closer ones, one shot for the last one.
Price - They will 'Evaluate' how much they think its worth and for every $25 under they are, you lose a point, every $25 over you gain a point.

Looking for firearm recommendations and potential additional challenges that might make this more fun for us. Currently I have a Savage 64 I got on here for $100. Unless I get better recommendations I'll just stick with it!

Thanks for reading ODT!
This is a cool idea!
For price, I'd rock the savage and call it a day. I would also suggest adding more "points for the actual cost of the firearm" considering that seems to be the basis of the whole thing. I'd suggest changing Overall Look to "Best Price" Every $25 or $50 spent is -1 point. I'd offer a single point for the looks as either a yes/no as to whether the fiancés/judges would purchase.

I think that you are on the right path. The cheapest savage bolt action that you can find. If you wanna game ut a bit, shoot different types of ammo through it to determine what produces the best groups.

For shutzngiggles, I would bedazzle the hell out of the stock.
Ammo will make or break you on the accuracy part for sure!

I would vote savage bolt 22. I have $150 into the gun and about $1k in glass on top....

the other option might be a chiappa little badger. Ugly but in a good way, and single shot to conserve ammo.

I think that you are on the right path. The cheapest savage bolt action that you can find. If you wanna game ut a bit, shoot different types of ammo through it to determine what produces the best groups.

For shutzngiggles, I would bedazzle the hell out of the stock.
I think Im gonna sticker bomb the savage 64. Let everyone I know put a sticker on it OF THEIR CHOICE!

Back
Top Bottom