• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best budget red dot?

Most of the time a starburst is due to your glasses. You need to get a focusable prism red dot scope. Look at the Vortex Spitfire.

I have several 1x on rifles and a 3x on my crossbow. They are real problem solver.

Will do. I just got glasses last month. I haven't had a chance to look at a 2 MOA dot with them on. My glasses have Zeiss lens, so techinaclly every optic I look through has Zeiss glass. :D

almost the same optic. holosun makes the sig red dots
I was wondering if this was still the same. Our swat guys have been looking to change optics and they’re settling on the Sig. Claimed the Holosun would “lose zero around 150 rounds.” Didn’t have the heart to tell them whatever issues they had out of the Holosun they’ll probably have out of the Sig as well..

But I’ve had three Holosuns and they’ve all been great. I’ve also had Trijicons and Aimpoints that (obviously) have never given me any issues. Depends on what you’re using it for I guess. My first red dot was a TRS-25 and I had no issues out of it either except the battery life left some to be desired. My vote would be for a Holosun/Sig for the money.

EDIT: I’ve had one issue from my Holosuns where the motion activation didn’t work every time. Didn’t really matter, I turned it off and just left the dot on full time. Still get plenty of battery if you change it out every year on your birthday :thumb:

I have used these and love them. Seen many reviews of a guy beating the piss out of them with bottles of water and throwing them around, even shooting them with bird shot out of a 12ga and they still shoot...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078ZT65VZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These have worked well for me as well, running a couple of them now on a .300Blk AR pistol, and one on a CAA MCK 9mm pistol...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00457SRBI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The issue with the sub $50 red dots is the HIT OR MISS factor. I have a Fieldsport that has been fine, but I have done some of the cheap Chinese stuff thru E-Bay, just taking a chance on the really cheap stuff. Lesson learned. The failure rate is HIGH.

For me, about the cheapest stuff I have found to be consistent in actually working when I zero it (and holding it as well) and turn it on has been some of the BSA product. But they jump around as far as design and availability. The BSA's I bought about 5 or 6 years ago for my son and I to run on some Ruger .22's have been great! I have even run mine on 5.56 rifles and 12 gauge shotguns (just temporarily, when I need to test out a red dot on something), BUT, they don't seem to make that model any more, so can't buy another...?

My most consistent, median price favorite, Holosun. I have been real happy with all my Holosun stuff so far... but that puts you in the $125.00 to $325.00 market.

Back
Top Bottom