• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best budget scope?

I would find one of the following in your price range

2-7 Nikon prostaff (have on a .30-06 700 for the past 16 years and never lost zero) ~ $150 on eBay

3x Nikon p223 (I own two, such a cool, tough little scope) ~ $100 on ebay

Redfield 1-6 ~ $130 at academy

Monstrom Tactical 1-3 ~ $150 and come with a mount from monstroms website

Bushnell Ar optics 1-4 ~$150 at Walmart, academy, eBay, Amazon

I would try to find a bare bones, featureless scope so hopefully the manufacturers focused somewhat on decent glass and reliable turrets. I also wouldn’t go past 1-6 for power due to glass quality significantly dropping off. These cheaper scopes kind of figured out the fixed power and 1-4x range. I wouldn’t dial on these scope. Just set them and forget them. They are all tough enough to hold zero from harsh treatment. Glass is good (read that as useable) out to 300 yards in all types of weather and light conditions. I wouldn’t trust them much past 300 though for reliable target ID and precision aiming.

If you can get to the $350 range the PA SLX, Vortex Strike Eagle, Sig Tango 4, and SWFA 1-4 are all excellent scopes. SWFA also makes an awesome fixed power 6x for $299.

Vortex and Redfield are my go to brands for quality and value.
X2 on the redfield
They’re pretty equivalent to Leupold and made by them.
I out a redfield revolution on my 6.8spc AR along with a red led 900 lumen flashlight and it’s the perfect poor man’s night sniping rifle for coyotes.
I’ve used it to bag a few deer as well…..in the daylight without the light of course.

X2 on the redfield
They’re pretty equivalent to Leupold and made by them.
I out a redfield revolution on my 6.8spc AR along with a red led 900 lumen flashlight and it’s the perfect poor man’s night sniping rifle for coyotes.
I’ve used it to bag a few deer as well…..in the daylight without the light of course.
OP - FYI the “new” Redfields are an Academy store brand and built by child slave labor in China.
Look fer Sail on hear.

Back
Top Bottom