• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best caliber and suppressor for hunting....

mbeard45

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
14   0
Reaction score
thinking of getting into the suppressor scene just for hunting deer/hogs/yotes.

I know this is a loaded (pun intended) question, but what’s best can and calibers for general GA hunting. Just looking for opinions and angles I might not be considering...

OP,
.300 Blackout... with a Huntertown Arms .30 cal can... Kestrel .308 can to be specific...
And, I can change the nose cap, and slip it onto an AR or .223 bolt gun... makes for a great conversion package...

If you are going to shoot subs, the 300BK with specialized hunting ammo is your best common rifle. If you are going to shoot supers, you can use just about any typical deer hunting caliber as long as you have a threaded barrel.

The supersonics are still quite loud due to the sonic crack. The subsonics are very low energy (about the same as a 45 ACP) so shot placement will be very critical.

Quick detach systems are not needed for a hunting rifle and I would forgo the expense. I like my AAC Cyclone direct thread very much and the cost is reasonable for this quality of suppressor. Direct thread suppressors also have a tendency to be more accurate. The Cyclone is good for .308 caliber and smaller.

Back
Top Bottom