• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best cell phone carrier?

alleycat

Wolf Icon Lifetime Supporter
Cosmoline Junkie
901   0
Reaction score
Who do you use? Why do you like them? What’s the cost? What are the traps to watch out for?

I’ve had a company cell phone for 20 years and only had to pay 15/month for unlimited use...,what a bargain! It’s time for me to get my own though and I’ve realized that I don’t know enough about the market to go shopping. I need great coverage, apple phones, and unlimited data. Any advice or recco’s you can give will be greatly appreciated

744740D3-8AB4-4080-9002-9D902181EAD3.jpeg

Brother Dave, I can only tell you which is the best on reception on my Mountain..It is Verizon and my cost is, thanks to my Son, nothing. He got tired of me using a flip phone and sent a fancy Samsung, of which sits plugged into a wall socket on charge 80% of the time. Good luck in your search to find the one that will meet your needs!!!!!!!!!

We had Sprint when we moved here. Happy with the company but no service where I live. Switched to Verizon. Great coverage, 2 phones, unlimited data. Once the phones were paid for it was about 80.00 a month. No complaints so far.

Who do you use? Why do you like them? What’s the cost? What are the traps to watch out for?

I’ve had a company cell phone for 20 years and only had to pay 15/month for unlimited use...,what a bargain! It’s time for me to get my own though and I’ve realized that I don’t know enough about the market to go shopping. I need great coverage, apple phones, and unlimited data. Any advice or recco’s you can give will be greatly appreciated

View attachment 2283822
Verizon has the best coverage in some of the rural areas I travel. AT&T also has good service, but in my hunting areas over in Alabama & Mississippi, my AT&T buddies have no coverage.

That said, you can get a Total Wireless package for around $30-35/mo, but it only comes with 6 or 7 Gb of data (they use Verizon towers). My daughter uses them and has been very happy with their service.

The newest unlimited plan I've heard of is Visible Wireless (Verizon towers). I think it's about $40-45/mo, but a limited selection of cellphones. I know iPhones work with them and they now sell Samsung Galaxy Android phones that work with the plan. You can go to their website and input your phone's ESN to find out if it will work on their system.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

I’ll vote for Verizon. Have had Verizon for about 15 years after becoming disgusted with both coverage and service with ATT. When you call Verizon customer service or tech support you talk to someone here in the United States that you can understand. “Can you hear me now”, the answer is “yes” with Verizon coverage.

AC, the wife and I recently upgraded from our old flip phones. Changed from AT&T to Consumer Cellular. Our monthly bill went from $90+ per month (no text or data) to $55 (unlimited talk, text & 5 gigs data). We also bought two new iPhone 7 Plus phones from them ($400 each unlocked) no contract. I don’t remember how much but unlimited data is available for more $. Service (coverage) so far has been every bit as good as AT&T. The few times we’ve had to contact them the customer service has been great. They can actually speak understandable English.

BTW, I'm still with VZW for my wife and I, along with our other daughter. I would switch to Visible, but my relatively new Motorola Android phone is not compatible with their system. As it is, I'm paying about $50/phone per month for the three of us on Verizon and their lowest unlimited plan.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

I’ve tried them all except AT&T and Verizon is hands down the best for me getting reception almost everywhere. I pay 40/month per line for 4 lines. Unlimited everything.

Boost mobile. A MVNO on Sprint towers.
Plans 35 and up. Unlimited everything on phone and 12 gig's hot-spot for 50.

Very fast, I use it for my home internet.

Back
Top Bottom