• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best cell phone carrier?

I have AT&T, but only because I have not explored other avenues yet. I won't tell you what I am paying, I don't want to be embarrassed, but we do have 7 people on the account and still paying for a couple of phones. We do have good coverage up here, and we have unlimited data as well as HBO, which I never use. In two months our bill will drop substantially and I may stay with them, going to give them a chance to keep us with Directv also.

I have AT&T and considering swapping to Verizon - AT&T isn’t horrible, but it isn’t great either- only thing stopping me is my bill would go up about $25/mo for a comparable Unlimited plan with hotspot like I have now.

I had Verizon for 15 years, great coverage, very expensive, crappy customer service, my LOWEST monthly bills, 4 phones were in the $225-250 range. Add that up for 15 years and its over FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS. I went to Metro about 18 months ago and have 3 lines for $90/month. Verizon lied to my son and I about charges, new phones, etc. and I just got fed up. You would see "special" rates on TV, call them and say I want that rate I saw on TV, but couldn't get it. They had me greased up and bent over and weren't gonna let me up. Had the same thing with DirecTV. To hell with them both.

I have had Straight Talk for years. $45 a month, unlimited data, which I never use, but it's their.

Straight Talk uses both Verizon and AT&T depending on what ph. you buy. I have Verizon, and the coverage is so much better than AT&T.

At the deer club in Wilkes County, the guys on AT&T don't have coverage on most of the property - makes texting worthless.

Back
Top Bottom