• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best college QB seasons of all time...

GA fans used to be the most annoying people I knew in college football. They were all bark and no bite, their team was choke artist and they just wasted talent.

But GA haters have now filled that role of most annoying. UGA is not just a dominant force to be reckoned with, they are college football now, undisputed back to back champs with absolutely no sign of slowing down. All it took was the right coach.

Talent has always flowed to Athens despite a lack of championships and the flood gates are fixing to open up now.

LSU and Bama fans just gonna have to get over it, your teams are irrelevant now. Kirby is gonna be y'all's daddy for a long time.

Pretty bad? Do dawg fans even look at their own stats? UGA had the 10th ranked overall defense in the country this year. The only one even close in comparison is Michigan and they played junk big10 offenses all year. Granted GA didnt have to face many high powered offenses either but they were still dominant.
That 4thQ comeback was all thanks to the D stopping ohio twice. Yall seriously act like this is the big 12 where the offense does all the work.
Starting for the patriots is almost like starting for the falcons....
LOL I'm not sure we watched the same games. The D literally let OSU march right down the field. We got lucky they missed that kick at the end. I guess throwing 190 yards and 2 TDs in the 4th Q had nothing to do with the comeback though. It was ALLL on the D :lol:

Keep in mind it was 38-24 going in to the 4th. The defense didn't score those other 18 points in the 4th...

it would about be his by default.
Unless you have a stand out RB, the QB gets the yards and the accolades being on the winning team.
Well, 398 yards, 3 passing TDs, and 7 rushes with one rushing TD tends to earn some accolades, except to you I suppose. Nearly 400 yards total offense and 4 TDs by one guy doesn't amount to earning accolades in your eyes I suppose?

That's the thing I hate about stats. It doesn't show championships. It doesn't show things you can't measure like how great of a game manager they may be, how good of a leader they are on the field, how they just get **** done when it needs to be done to win the game. At the end of the day what do people remember more? Who's won the most national championships or super bowls. Nobody sits there and quotes QBR.

On paper sure Bennet doesn't make the top 10, but he's got back to back natty's under his belt and was a Heisman finalist. Just like nobody cares or talks about Dan Marino anymore. Great QB, never won anything. Everyone hates and craps on Brady, but he's got 7 rings and was a backup QB at Michigan and the NFL till he got his shot.

TLDR, stats aren't always everything.... And haters gonna hate.
That's all true, but stats go both ways. Like keeping QB1 in for 8 scores to run up the score well beyond any justifiable reasoning.
I posted the QBR as an objective measure to show the whole "GOAT" talk is simply nonsense on it's face.
Good QB? Absolutely. Solid program? For sure.
Portal is open....
Next year's schedule is a gimmie. Threepeat shouldn't be too much of a problem.

GA fans used to be the most annoying people I knew in college football. They were all bark and no bite, their team was choke artist and they just wasted talent.

But GA haters have now filled that role of most annoying. UGA is not just a dominant force to be reckoned with, they are college football now, undisputed back to back champs with absolutely no sign of slowing down. All it took was the right coach.

Talent has always flowed to Athens despite a lack of championships and the flood gates are fixing to open up now.

LSU and Bama fans just gonna have to get over it, your teams are irrelevant now. Kirby is gonna be y'all's daddy for a long time.
Your I'll informed opinions have already cost you folding money. You hit a scratch off or something? (And UGA fans were never annoying. Some are just making up for lost time now though).

Well, 398 yards, 3 passing TDs, and 7 rushes with one rushing TD tends to earn some accolades, except to you I suppose. Nearly 400 yards total offense and 4 TDs by one guy doesn't amount to earning accolades in your eyes I suppose?
TCU has the 95th ranked defense... 95. You are bosting about putting 400 yards on a team that was only better than 36 teams in all of the FBS.
A team with less 4 stars than you have 5 stars.

Georgia has had better teams under Richt (?) but his coaching along with Bobo play calls ruined them.
Every team can certainly say that.
Heck Mile's cost LSU two NCs.
Ok, not every team but still.
If I was an AD, I'd want a Saban/Smart. If I was the father of a D1 hopeful, Richt/Dabo.

Your I'll informed opinions have already cost you folding money. You hit a scratch off or something? (And UGA fans were never annoying. Some are just making up for lost time now though).
Ha, wasn't off by much. I betted on UGA +28 in the playoffs and they more than covered that and then some. No regrets whatsoever.

Ohio State caught me a little off guard that's all.

Back
Top Bottom