• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best college QB seasons of all time...

Football is a team game. Every season is different.
All 11 have to execute the play and win their one on one battle for the play to be successful. One guy doesn’t just walk on to the field and win anything.

Lookit this schedule, guys, can you say Threepeat National champs?

B482B5FF-60EF-4EDC-93B1-3BB2162DAC78.jpeg

I would be very interested to see the correlation of these QB's along with their respective running games. A quick glance and some clouded memories tell me that a great deal of these programs were predominantly pass oriented, run and gun-West Coast based offensive schemes. Makes a QB look much better than when compared to balanced offensives. Just my 2©
C7BE4C29-9837-4229-95BF-52B25E5228D3.gif

Only 4 QB’s ever won Back to Back titles:

• A.J. McCarron - Alabama ('12, '13)
  • Matt Leinart - USC* ('03 - co-title, '04 - later vacated)
  • Tommie Frazier - Nebraska ('94, '95)
  • Stetson Bennett - Georgia ('22, '23)
And you can even skip Leinart from this list. So really only 3.

Only 4 QB’s ever won Back to Back titles:

• A.J. McCarron - Alabama ('12, '13)
  • Matt Leinart - USC* ('03 - co-title, '04 - later vacated)
  • Tommie Frazier - Nebraska ('94, '95)
  • Stetson Bennett - Georgia ('22, '23)
And you can even skip Leinart from this list. So really only 3.
Of course this list does not bode well for a successful NFL career.

If I had to put together a college football team right now my first pick as QB would be Stetson Bennett. Do I think he is the most talented, athletic, has the strongest arm, etc?
Nope.
Do I think he will be a leader in the huddle, make the right calls on the line of scrimmage, get the ball to the playmakers on time and come through with big plays when the game is on the line?
Yep.
Stetson has the “x” factor. The Tom Brady/Drew Brees factor...whatever you want to call it.
He is highly competitive, extremely football savvy, a natural leader and plays with just the right balance of cocky/humble. His offensive line, receivers, backs, etc all play better when he is on the field. Hell, even the defense plays hard to please him!
You take your fancy 6’4” pro style QB with pumped up stats...
I‘ll take Stetson and we will kick your ass all week lol.
Easy…. My I love Stetson! Best GA QB of all time. But I don’t think his skills will translate to the NFL. Maybe. He’s proved everyone wrong for years, so maybe he can, but I doubt it. The NFL is too fast and his height and arm strength will be a detriment and his tendency to run and scramble will get him beaten like a rag doll.

Back
Top Bottom