• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Do-It-Yourself Reloading Workbench Ideas?

Contact local cabinet makers and see what they have that they dont need or has flaws. I picked up two nice cabinet bases for $25 each from a local place. Throw a solid core door on top and your in business for right around $100.

Hey man. I'm happy to come help out with the building if you'd like. Here's a picture of the one I built recently. If you have a wall to anchor it to it will be much sturdier.

i50.tinypic.com_243hnaf.jpg
I'd definitely appreciate the help, maybe we can go do some shooting afterward! I'll check with some local cabinet places too, although for what I'm envisioning I may be better off building it from Home Depot supplies.

That's a great idea on the layering too, that's one more reason I love this site! You guys are awesome

I'd definitely appreciate the help, maybe we can go do some shooting afterward! I'll check with some local cabinet places too, although for what I'm envisioning I may be better off building it from Home Depot supplies.

That's a great idea on the layering too, that's one more reason I love this site! You guys are awesome

You bet. You can use clear 2x4's and a piece of melanin for the top. One 1x12 for shelving and one quarter piece of pegboard and you've got it.

I think I see tile board for the work surface on drjterrell's bench- a friend of mine used a sheet of tile board and it made a great work surface. I think my next one will be a double layer of BC plywood with tile board on top. Then a 1x wrapped around the sides to cover the edges.

i50.tinypic.com_9bj9zp.jpg

This is how I set my bench up last year when I built it. I had somewhat limited space. It is made from all scrap wood I had laying around from old projects and a deck I tore down for a neighbor. All I had invested was the screws to put it together and a little time. I actually screwed the bench to the wall also for additional support.

I think I see tile board for the work surface on drjterrell's bench- a friend of mine used a sheet of tile board and it made a great work surface.

I'm sure it would. Mine is a piece of Melamine from Home Depot. Can buy in quarter sheet, cheap and solid--especially when mounted on 2x4 frame and anchored to wall.

Just built mine last week
View attachment 125441
cost me $65.00
Very nice and I like the idea of the air compressor next to the bench. Mine is on another wall in the garage, and I've got a 50ft hose reel on it, but I can see the benefit of having it at arms reach rather than going to get it and unroll 10ft or so. Another great idea!

Back
Top Bottom