• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Do-It-Yourself Reloading Workbench Ideas?

Here's a couple of shots of my first "bench". I assembled it in the mid 80's when we were living in an apartment and space and cash were tight. It's perfect for straight wall pistol, very stable using a single stage press. Because it's so portable I still use it from time to time. When I want to experiment with OAL at the range I pre-seat my bullets at home then set the final length and crip at the range.

[Broken External Image]:
[Broken External Image]:

Today, loading is just a part time hobby for me. I put this together in the mid 90's after seeing the same thing at a friends. This was used commercial grade steel shelving with a plywood top added. My bullets, tools, ammo, and such weigh in the 100's of pounds and add to the stability. It can be moved and disassembled during the months (years) I'm not loading anything.

[Broken External Image]:

I have in the garage an old steel desk thats in very good condition. Rubber coated top, two drawers on one side. if someone is looking to get into loading this would be a great first loading bench. I can let it go reasonably.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom