• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best grouping 223 ammo I've found.

Nice shooting, Mike! I've had good results with the IMI 77gr. PM me your address and I'll send you a box if you want to try it.

edit: my bad. coulda sworn you said you wanted to try it... seems it already failed you.
I really appreciate the offer but I got some from mikey357 mikey357 . I'm going to try it again just for sake of thoroughness. The obvious weak link is me, I'm not a long range shooter. Not yet, anyway.

I was told that judging accuracy is a 3-5 shot group waiting untill the barrel cools substantially before progressing to the next group. Since most of us won't be operating in a sniper situation 3-5 shots is more than adequate for the hunter or range monkey. I also find in my guns a lot of time the cold bore shot is the best shot being right in the money.
Now don't shoot the messenger here. I watched a show that was about measuring a rifles accuracy correctly. Makes since being the first 3 shot is what will make or brake the hunt. If it opens up a little on extended strings of fire a 3 in. size square torso group is adequate.

Wondering how the Nosler groups versus the IMI 77-gr. load if you've gotten around to shooting the IMI stuff yet? TIA
If you're talking about the normal IMI 77 gr Razorcore stuff, it's not match grade, particularly. At least it doesn't shoot that way for me-- It's better than 55 gr. ball, but not the equal of say Black Hills 77 gr. match ammo... that stuff shoots great out of every gun with an appropriate twist rate. I was disappointed with the IMI, but the price is right, if you need 77 gr defense ammo. It is loaded hot-- I got 2750+ out of the IMI from a 16" barrel; only about 2690 from Black Hills, and about 2650 with the 77 SMK and book-max handloads. So it's hot stuff.

I did like to do a lot of reloading with the nosler 77 grain bullets but now you can't find anything for .223 or 6.8 SPC. Of course every barrel is going to act different with different ammo so it's a crap shoot whether your Barrel will shoot it great or not. However, if it is good consistent ammo that can'r hurt anything to start with. I can see any harm in trying. My Wilson Combat barrels love it.

Back
Top Bottom