• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best investment I ever made for car maintenance

Been doing mechanic work for 45 years. Everything from a simple oil change to pulling engine, tearing down, sending to automotive machine shop, rebuilding And giving owner a warranty IF they agree to let me put a rev-limiter on it so I can see and show the owner if the engine has been abused by excessive RPM’s during said warranty. for pushing a brake caliper piston(s) back in I use a c-clamp and one of the worn out brake pads. Easy and it pushes the piston back in evenly

We have nuked more than 10 20 of them just today. You simply need to hit the "Report" button that's on the bottom left of every post and PM. There are also numerous threads on the topic. If the deal sounds too good it be true; it probably is.

Also, posting a rant thread in the classifieds is usually going to result in a delete.

I just wish someone had told me 40 years ago, that if you take the cap off the brake reservoir, it makes it much easier to push the pistons back into the caliper...
Yeah, it does BUT you gotta go slow so You don’t blow brake fluid out of the reservoir. Also gotta watch the level in the reservoir so you don’t over fill it. DOT 3 will take the paint off to the metal too, if you get any on the paint

Back
Top Bottom