• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best jungle boot repros?

Shalashaska523

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
28   0
Reaction score
Been looking to get some new boots and have considered some jungle boots as I work outside on grass most of the time. They also be used for when I go camping. I've called my local surplus store who say they carry Fox repros but from my online research they're hit or miss. I've looked at altama and they look but just wondering if anyone could suggest any others or if their local stores carry any. (I'd like to try them on before I buy so I'd prefer in person over a online purchase. Specifically I'm looking at the panama sole over the vibram.

Bellview from Tactical Research is a great boot. Has a great arch support and thick sole. Very breathable but vents a couple of inches high from the sole.

Was given a pair of those as a teenager. I wore them until they didn't fit any more and passed them on. Do all of the repros have the plate?

I have a bunch in a duffle bag but they’re a weird size so doubtful they’d be of much use to anyone. I would much prefer a civilian hiking boot over military issue. But surplus stuff can’t cost much on Ebay.

My pair have seen Dongtam, Saigon, Quin hon, Vinh long, My Tho, Bien Hoa, Hong Nqu, Can Tho some odd names, a day trip into Cambodia (By accident, bad maps, Whoops) and I scraped some Mekong mud off the Cleats into a jar, but I wouldn't sell them for10,000 dollars are a Glock, still in good shape after 56 years :thumb:

Attachments

• mekong.jpg
    mekong.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 34
My pair have seen Dongtam, Saigon, Quin hon, Vinh long, My Tho, Bien Hoa, Hong Nqu, Can Tho some odd names, a day trip into Cambodia (By accident, bad maps, Whoops) and I scraped some Mekong mud off the Cleats into a jar, but I wouldn't sell them for10,000 dollars are a Glock, still in good shape after 56 years :thumb:
Those are the real deal, old school cool. Thank you for blazing the trail for those of us who came after. Sincere respect sir.

Back
Top Bottom