• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Optics for DD MK18?

If you check out some MK18 threads, mounting that particular front sight backwards is actually "a thing." Mounted facing rearward (the traditional "correct" way), the front sight can be tough to deploy in the up position with that protective shelf around the sight. Especially if you have a tape switch or other accessory mounted directly behind the sight, it can be nearly impossible to deploy the sight. So, many users have turned their front sight around. It is extremely easy to deploy in the up position with the sight mounted "backwards." Backwards is the new forwards! Of course, once the sight is in the up position, it has no effect on the sighting or zeroing of the sight.y MK18 wears an Aimpoint M2 https://thetacticalscopes.com/best-optic-scar-17/, but i also have a BCM 11.5" that wears a 1-4 NF. Honestly, I've grown to like the BCM as a "Do-All" SBR. Definitely adds weight, but no more give or take than a red dot and a magnifier. I often look at Youtube for different videos on this topic, I will leave one here, maybe this will be useful to someone in the future

I've heard good things about the Trijicon MRO.

I have an Aimpoint Micro T2 which has been great. Don't know what used ones are going for nowadays but if you can find one in your price range its a solid optic.

For up to 500 yards, you would want to do something other than a red dot. You may want to look into a low powered variable optic like a 1-4, 1-6 or a 1-8. At the $500 price point, best optic would be a vortex Strike Eagle. Works like a red dot at 1x, then gives you the ability to accurately hit out further with ease.

For up to 500 yards, you would want to do something other than a red dot. You may want to look into a low powered variable optic like a 1-4, 1-6 or a 1-8. At the $500 price point, best optic would be a vortex Strike Eagle. Works like a red dot at 1x, then gives you the ability to accurately hit out further with ease.

He said less than 300 yards. OP find you a good used aim point comp 2, aim point pro or a used T1 for your budget. you will have no problem going out to 300 yards with it. I run a Comp2 on mine

There is a difference between what you can do on the range and what you can do in “real life”, and I realize the OP wants 300yds and less, but when she was 10YOA my daughter was fine at 500yds with a 16” AR, an Aimpoint Micro T1, and M193 ball ammo.

Back
Top Bottom