• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best place to buy used car parts/components

Rebuild the one you have
This guy's on to something here if you do most of the work and install all the components then somebody could just go in and adjust the shims and Lash. That would save a lot of money. I would take the rear end out of the vehicle. I know it's work but it's a lot easier to work on them and that's the reason why I only work on Mopar 8 and 3/4 or Ford 9-in because they're just easier to set up the chunks when they're out on the bench. Just save the shims on each side of the carrier and measure them with the set of veneer calipers. Then put the same size shims back just like they had them and that will get you close. There's also a shim ( crush washer ) behind the yoke that you're going to want to measure as well. The kit will come with multi-size shims for the carrier and yoke. Go back with stock thickness and that'll get you close. If you do take it out or when you take the calipers off don't let them hang by the brake line. Zip tie them suspended from the frame so it doesn't put stress on that brake line.

Back
Top Bottom