• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best place to shoot outdoors

Mr.FixIt

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
1   0
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to the site. I'm near Athens, and I'd like to find an outdoor place to shoot. Not necessarily a shooting range but a place I can go set up some of my own targets and practice shooting multiple targets with a handgun. Does anyone have a recommendation? Or maybe some hunting ground with a huge backstop to shoot into? I've been to all the indoor ranges around the area and it's just not the same as being in the outdoors.

My back yard. I have a few acres so can so do what I want. It's not a official fancy pants dirt backstop range and only about 50 yards of space, but its mine and no one can tell me to stop rapidfiring. In fact, I encourage it lol

Check Elberton Gun Club. They were close to full when I checked last. It was cheap like $150 a years. Lots of skeet and trap.
Rifle and pistol ranges are OK. I went as a visator a few times. It is just a little far from Loganville.

Is this the outdoor range that goes out to 1000 yards? Heard that guy was an ahole until he sends you through his safety course. I'm just looking for somewhere to shoot as I live in a subdivision and would like to practice more than shooting a paper target in a lane at the indoor ranges. Does anyone know if the public hunting lands allow you to shoot there?
Gun Site Hills in Lexington. He will need to like you before he lets you start setting up **** to shoot wherever you please.

Is this the outdoor range that goes out to 1000 yards? Heard that guy was an ahole until he sends you through his safety course. I'm just looking for somewhere to shoot as I live in a subdivision and would like to practice more than shooting a paper target in a lane at the indoor ranges. Does anyone know if the public hunting lands allow you to shoot there?

Isn't there a WMA up that way?

Cheif - Mike O'Neil. Claims 800, but it is a stretch. His place, his rules.

What it sounds like you really want is your own land.

Chief isn’t an arsehole, he’s just tired of sh!theads that don’t know proper firearms handling and marksmanship techniques. His place, his rules.......and beggars can’t be choosers. You respect Chief and his range, he’ll show you the same respect.

Back
Top Bottom