• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best reloading equipment.

Ive been shooting my own cast bullets out of glocks for 20yrs, never a problem, never actually witnessed a problem. Only what others have said.
I shoot my cast out of everything including 30-30, 30-06, 221 fireball, .222jet , plus all the handgun stuff.

I can't touch that price... I'm paying more like seven cents for lead bullets delivered, though I found Summers with a search and will have to use them next time. Primers are about three cents, if you're lucky-- four if you aren't. Plus about 1.1 cent for powder ($20/lb.) So actually I guess they are costing me eleven cents... factor in my time, and it's barely worth doing-- certainly not if I was starting from scratch. Except that I tailor the load for my needs, and that makes the difference.

For those thinking about reloading, these are the calculations to think through. YMMV.

Thanks for the Summers tip, Nuke and Juke! Much, much cheaper than Missouri Bullet Company.

WOW!!
that sounds high?
try Extreme plated at in 9 MM about 4.5 cents per projectile, delivery is 5 bucks , many times free.
I reload 380, 9 MM , 38 Super at about 6.00 bucks per box of 50.
now the money savers for me are the 38 Super, 10 MM and 45 acp, but I save money on every round that I reload.

I started with a RCBS when I started reloading Rifle, 30-06 & 30-30. I prefer the RCBS for rifle as I hand weigh each powder charge. It works great on pistol also but if you are going to be loading more than a few hundred rounds at a time I recommend the Dillon 550 or 650. I would not go with the 1050 unless you are loading several thousand round per year.

I own a RCBS single stage, Dillon 650 and Dillon 1050. I owned a Dillon 550. I have no complaints on any of them.

Good luck and happy reloading.

WOW!!
that sounds high?
try Extreme plated at in 9 MM about 4.5 cents per projectile, delivery is 5 bucks , many times free.
I reload 380, 9 MM , 38 Super at about 6.00 bucks per box of 50.
now the money savers for me are the 38 Super, 10 MM and 45 acp, but I save money on every round that I reload.

I see X-treme bullets at $0.08 apiece, though they do have free shipping.

Where are you seeing them for $45 per thousand?

This is my 1st year of reloading with an RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme kit and its been a great experience. I've loaded over 5000 rounds from 270, 41 mag, 30 30, 9mm, 38, 45ACP - Even if you go to a progressive press (next year or so I will go Dillon 650 for pistol loads ) there will always be a place for the old standby single stage press at your bench.

What kind of cost savings to you see with reloading 300blk?
Pretty significant, if you're only buying projectiles, powder and primers you're looking at around 35-39 cents a round. I always buy primers and powder local (let the dealer pay that hazmat fee) I sat down with a good friend that lives up in MD and after buying his set up to clean, convert and load his own 300blk he had to load 1500 rounds at 34 cents each to make it worth it. I always buy in bulk on free shipping weekends, even if I don't need it. I always buy primers by the brick at cabelas when they go on sale, even if I don't need it.....see where I'm going ?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom