• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best reloading equipment.

That's a good humble opinion and I'm going to make it a X 2.
I have one. It was my first press. It's still used more than the progressive.
The ability to quickly change calibers and make very fine rifle rounds makes this a great first press.
I'll always have this press.

It's unfortunate that Lee's reputation from products they designed 25 or more years ago still tend to dominate perception of the stuff they've brought out in the last ten years. Their newer designs (Classic Cast series, various accessories) are excellent, high quality products with unique capabilities.

I use LEE dies all the time. Ptobably have sets in 10+ chamberings that I do not load often. They are the affordable option. The LEE Factory Crimp die is nice too.

I'm in the minority here, but don't like cast or plated bullets.
Like fmj for target, they are getting a bit hard to find now .

I use LEE dies all the time. Ptobably have sets in 10+ chamberings that I do not load often. They are the affordable option. The LEE Factory Crimp die is nice too.

That's the perception I was trying to describe. Lee dies have long had a good reputation, whereas the Lee Pro 1000 had/has a poor reliability reputation, and the old turret presses had iffy reputations for overall quality. But those products are decades old.

Most people who get their hands on a Classic Cast press (either turret or single) realize that those are among the best presses of their type, if not the best, regardless of cost.

Donny Summers is a class act.. His bullets are very good.

he is open to suggestions on the addition of different styles and weights too..

Curious as to why some of you guys dislike the Hornady presses? I've got their progressive press and works well. Have over 10-12k in 2 years through it. Started on a Lee classic. Still have it as a supplement to the Hornady. Not being argumentative, just wondering.

Curious as to why some of you guys dislike the Hornady presses? I've got their progressive press and works well. Have over 10-12k in 2 years through it. Started on a Lee classic. Still have it as a supplement to the Hornady. Not being argumentative, just wondering.

I must have missed the post where someone said they didn't like them.
Where was that? (Post #)?

I have a friend that uses the ap progressive and loves it. I considered one but I dig the single stage stuff because it keeps me busy during the time my wife would usually have me doing stuff around the house

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom