• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best rifle to suppress??

Lazarus

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
39   0
Reaction score
It would seem like its suppressing a rifle isn't as easy as I thought. Yes I thought it was as simple as putting a can on the end. Didn't know much about supersonic crack, blowback, dwell time, action noise etc. Now that I'm a little more versed and I've realized that ARs aren't the best platform now I'm curious to know what is the best rifle to suppress? I know ARs and AKs are the best. I remember someone saying a while ago that the Kriss Vector wasn't that quiet either but that was the .45ACP, does the same hold true for the 9mm?

So far the only rifle/subgun that seems to be quiet is the MP5 but what other options are there? I dont know much about the .30 caliber rifles. Obviously .300blk is a quiet round but in a AR you still have gas issues.

EDIT: Whats the best semi-auto rifle platform to suppress

It would seem like its suppressing a rifle isn't as easy as I thought. Yes I thought it was as simple as putting a can on the end. Didn't know much about supersonic crack, blowback, dwell time, action noise etc. Now that I'm a little more versed and I've realized that ARs aren't the best platform now I'm curious to know what is the best rifle to suppress? I know ARs and AKs are the best. I remember someone saying a while ago that the Kriss Vector wasn't that quiet either but that was the .45ACP, does the same hold true for the 9mm?

So far the only rifle/subgun that seems to be quiet is the MP5 but what other options are there? I dont know much about the .30 caliber rifles. Obviously .300blk is a quiet round but in a AR you still have gas issues.

I think the quietest thing I've shot to date was a single shot handi rifle in 300blk. it really was movie quiet

I think the quietest thing I've shot to date was a single shot handi rifle in 300blk. it really was movie quiet

I forgot about the handi-rifle but I'm moreso interested in something at least bolt action.

How is the SCAR suppressed? I dont know if the 7.62x51 suppresses well but at least the side charging handle and piston should help with the gas.

Totally depends on the purpose.

I'm just thinking in terms of quietness right now. I dont hunt and I dont have a 1000 yard range. Moreso just curious about different platforms and I dont know the characteristics of other calibers outside of 5.56 and .300blk

Back
Top Bottom