• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best rifle to suppress??

Any blow back or gas run semi is going to be louder. Hell even roller lock rifles are loud. SCARs are loud. Your best option is a properly tuned AR with a slightly long barrel. My 18" AR is great and not gassy. Unfortunately right now there are no real great quiet options in semi auto <16" barrel that I know of short of a properly tuned 300BLK AR. Unless you want to pony up for a Dakota Tactical D300.
I have an old ACR that I chopped the barrel on to 11.5" (small gas port). It is pretty good.
I also have a DD Ambush 6.8 that I cut to 13" (again small gas port). It is the quietest <16" semi gun I have not in that shoots supers. Gas is very minimal too. That would probably be my recommendation, but again you have expensive ammo to deal with. I love it though. I hunt deer and hogs with it, and have a dope card on it out to 650 yds. Pretty impressive for a 13" barrel.

What does the smaller gas port, and I'm guessing by extension the adjustable gas block do that makes it better? Does it help with sound or help with gas to the face?

For 556, the Gemtech bolt carrier is also a big deal for helping with gas in the face. The sound difference is not much, but the gas being pushed out to the side helps a ton.
I have shot two carbine classes with my 14.5 BCM 556 gun with a Specwar K on it. First, without the Gemtech, I ended the day with the entire right side of my face very black from soot. Second, with the Gemtech, my face was much cleaner.

For 556, the Gemtech bolt carrier is also a big deal for helping with gas in the face. The sound difference is not much, but the gas being pushed out to the side helps a ton.
I have shot two carbine classes with my 14.5 BCM 556 gun with a Specwar K on it. First, without the Gemtech, I ended the day with the entire right side of my face very black from soot. Second, with the Gemtech, my face was much cleaner.

I've been wanting to look at getting either than or the LMT enhanced.

Richard at SIA was converting Enfields to .45ACP, unfortunately he has stopped doing the conversions to focus on other interesting projects, like the Novem 9mm which takes a RIA .22TCM bolt gun and rebarrels it for 9mm (unfortunate that he stopped the Enfield projects, his other projects are very cool too)
http://www.specialinterestarms.com/index.php?page=novem

http://www.specialinterestarms.com/
That's who I was thinking about...couldn't remember it at the time, though. :thumb:

An integrally suppressed 300BLK shooting 220gr ammo out of a 9"barrel comes in around 118-122dbs. At least mine does.

22 a Ruger 10/22 with integral suppressed barrel.
5.56 - many choices. I like the Superlative Arms pistol system for the AR-15. Set to forward gas exhaust and use a gas control charging handle.

Sig 556 - no gas opening in the back so shoots clean. Front heavy so SBR it.

Ruger 76/22 threaded barrel and subsonic rounds or Humibgbird rounds.

AR-10 with Superlative gas block set forward.

Back
Top Bottom