• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best rifle to suppress??

My threaded, 20 something inch MVP is pretty dang quiet behind the trigger with standard velocity 556......but you get the crack down range. It makes me smile when I shoot it, if that counts for anything.

IMG_0220.JPG

IMG_1338.JPG

290 grain barnes spitfire .50 sabot bullet measures .451 .45 super brass and 3.8 grains of vv310 16" barrel
Through a .45 tirant is as good as it gets average is 800 fps. I worked this load up and it works in this particular rifle. Don't assume it will work in yours

Having used an MP5SD2 there still is alot of action noise. Bolt action is the best way to suppress. Keep in mind there is no such thing as a silencer. Subsonic ammo helps greatly.

Any blow back or gas run semi is going to be louder. Hell even roller lock rifles are loud. SCARs are loud. Your best option is a properly tuned AR with a slightly long barrel. My 18" AR is great and not gassy. Unfortunately right now there are no real great quiet options in semi auto 556 <16" barrel. Unless you want to pony up for a Dakota Tactical built HK clone.
I have an old ACR that I chopped the barrel on to 11.5" (small gas port). It is ok, but the gas port is so small it barely runs without a can, even with the adjustable gas system.
I also have a DD Ambush 6.8 that I cut to 13" (again small gas port). It is the quietest <16" semi gun I have that shoots supers. Gas is very minimal too. That would probably be my recommendation, but again you have expensive ammo to deal with. I love it though. I hunt deer and hogs with it, and have a dope card on it out to 650 yds. Pretty impressive for a 13" barrel.

This is the one I have. Sionics really did a perfect job with it imo. Zero malfunctions with any ammo suppressed or not suppressed so far. Zero gas in my face too. Seems like they nailed the size of the gas port imo. http://sionicsweaponsystems.com/store2015/5/61-5-chrome-lined-stripped.html

Back
Top Bottom