• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Rock live performance

That's also true, but I talking about a different aspect. There are bands who lack the talent to perform well live. They don't sound good on stage. They can't play and sing well at at the same time, they don't improvise well, etc. They are overproduced in the studio in order to sound as they do. Often when a band sounds consistent on stage and n the studio it's because their talent is at a level that doesn't need to be engineered in the studio.
I can totally agree with that. There's no talent, just skill, involved with that kind of "music".

It's mostly subjective. To be honest I've never liked The Allman Brothers or Lyrnrd Skynyrd. Just not my thing. From the time period I much prefer the sound of Atlanta Rhythm section. In general though the best live performances are from bands who can be clear and consistent between the stage and studio. It separates the pros from the studio created pretenders. Dave Matthews Bans Listener Supported is a good one. They know their business.

OMG! I cannot believe you just said you actually PREFER ARS to the ABB & Skynyrd! HERESY! You probably "Prefer" Strawberry Milkshakes to any stronger libations, too...SMH... :)

Back on the subject, Best Live Album EVER? "One More From The Road", Lynyrd Skynyrd...Of course....mikey357

OMG! I cannot believe you just said you actually PREFER ARS to the ABB & Skynyrd! HERESY! You probably "Prefer" Strawberry Milkshakes to any stronger libations, too...SMH... :)

Back on the subject, Best Live Album EVER? "One More From The Road", Lynyrd Skynyrd...Of course....mikey357
I also prefer Molly Hatchet. I'm used to being in the minority on all of this.;)

I also prefer Molly Hatchet. I'm used to being in the minority on all of this.;)

I got absolutely no problem with Molly Hatchet--I've seen them in concert a coupla' times, and can't get enough of "Flirtin' With Disaster", "Gator Country" & "Bounty Hunter"--"Did you know $500 will get your head blowed off? It will...AHAHAHA!!!"

As to the rest...D,JD...SMH... :) ....mikey357

You have gotten no replies simply because it can't be beat. Duane Allman and Berry Oakley have spoiled me. If I even try to listen to anyone besides the original 6, they all fall so short, I lose interest. If you've never heard Duane, do yourself a favor and don't go there. You will no longer find satisfaction listening to anybody else,

I mostly agree with you, mostly, but there are some magical shows with DTrucks and Warren Haynes. I think both of them are freaking monsters.

I mostly agree with you, mostly, but there are some magical shows with DTrucks and Warren Haynes. I think both of them are freaking monsters.
I never saw Duane play with the brothers, but the shows I saw with Derek and Warren were phenomenal! (not gonna leave out Dickey!) He's awesome as well!

Back
Top Bottom