• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best roll crimp on the market ?

I have a BPI and Precision Reloading roll crimp for 10 gauge. I find the Precision is the more consistent and nicer rolling crimper of the two.

I bought a couple from eBay, shipped from Russia. Like a great deal of Russian stuff it is pretty no frills. Chuck it up in the drill and away you go. It's simple, it was dirt cheap and it does exactly what it is supposed to do. I think I paid maybe $8 total (including the postage) and they accidentally sent me two. Since it would have cost me more than $8 to mail it back I declined to ship it on my nickel and the seller declined to pay return shipping so there it sits on my bookshelf about 5 feet from where I'm at.

Actually I just walked over and checked it. I took one down to the reloading shop which is the one I use and there are two more here in my office so they accidentally shipped me THREE of them. Two in one shipment, one in a second shipment. I'll see if I can find an eBay link.

That is the model I bought, looks to be hard to find now for whatever weird reason, not exactly a high tech tool! I also do 3D printing and found a couple of useful patterns that I see while looking on eBay that people are now selling. I'll post the patterns so you can see them. Anyone around with a 3D printer should be able to print you one though.

Didn't see the pattern but simple enough to reproduce one within a few minutes, here is a clamp you use in conjunction with that drill roll crimp bit.

Found the pattern

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4651057

And here is the other pattern I found useful, a little trimmer that slices off the old star crimp section to prepare for roll crimping. This particular pattern was still basically am Alpha version when I stumbled across it. It didn't quite work very well but I made some modifications to it and the one I ended up with works fine. If you want the pattern PM me.

Both of those 3D printed parts can very easily be resized to fit 20g or any other gauge you might need.

Roll Crimper

Base and clamp for roll crimper

That is the model I bought, looks to be hard to find now for whatever weird reason, not exactly a high tech tool! I also do 3D printing and found a couple of useful patterns that I see while looking on eBay that people are now selling. I'll post the patterns so you can see them. Anyone around with a 3D printer should be able to print you one though.
That ebay seller is away for 8 years.

Back
Top Bottom