• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Sig Sauer for conceal carry

paliknight

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
2   0
Reaction score
I currently have an XDS 4.0, but it's a bit snappy. I have big hands and single stack doesn't work great for me.

I'm also left handed so I have to consider that when buying guns. What would you guys recommend for CC?

Budget is 1k or less. Just curious to know opinions from the experts and learn about what would work best for me.

for what its worth i shoot lefthanded (left-eye dominant) and am a bigger guy. if i were to pick a sig to carry it would be a 229 model for sure. M11-A1 to be exact lol. my big hands dont like the smaller sig models lol.

with a good holster and belt you can really carry any gun you want. i love my http://www.blackpointtactical.com/ holsters. but recently got a http://gearcraftholsters.com/ holster from a member on here and am really impressed by it.

I'm about to buy a P290 but only for walking and my version of jogging. For EDC concealed carry, I carry a Glock 33(.357 Sig). I've contemplated getting a Sig P320 Sub compact but other than brand name and whatever perceived advantages that brings, there is no size/weight/capacity advantage. And the P320 SUB compact is only offered in 9MM and 40 S&W at present.

Bang for the buck, the Sig metal frames are just too bulky and heavy for the projectile and capacity they offer. Take a P229 in 40 S&W. It weighs 10 ounces more and holds three rounds less that a Glock 23. I LOVE the idea of a Sig but I sold mine because I always ended up carrying my Glock.

Another factor to consider with the hammer fired guns is the hammer. Not for function but for concealed carry. If you carry under a shirt that hammer WILL get into your side or back sometimes. Striker fired pistols have flat ended slides and are more comfortably carried concealed. Sig P320 might do the trick there(I haven't owned one yet) But the Glocks 26/27/33 most assuredly carries well. I have and AM carrying one right now.

Based on title alone, P938. I don't have big hands, but they are long so I've always steered clear of sub compacts and single stacks in the past. But after "lugging" around a micro 1911 for years, I finally bit the bullet and picked up a P938. Half the weight and this thing disappears with the right holster. I have to check to see if its still there! I'm not good with it at the range, but from all my drills, its super easy to draw and pop my 3 inch steel plate with enough consistency to be worth it for me.

Back
Top Bottom