• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Sight Pusher?

Spas-12 ,
This is the one I have been looking at:
s-l64.jpg

it is supposed to work on 1911s?
What is your opinion since you actually own it?

Shoot 9-
I like the MGW and don't mind paying a bit more for quality...
How much is it?
Isn't this the model you have to have something different for different guns?

I got mine for $95 shipped but it's been a while. I have the model for G19/G17 standard slides. I also have the G42/43 adapter. It has worked great for me.

Spas-12 ,
This is the one I have been looking at:
s-l64.jpg

it is supposed to work on 1911s?
What is your opinion since you actually own it?

Supposed to work yes and in theory should work. But correctly locking the slide in is difficult to impossible. Especially for the front sight blade on 1911.

Over all the tool is built like a tank and works great on Glocks and any square slides. If Glock was all I was doing then I'd look no further. If 1911 may play into the mix I bought thw Wheeler sight removal tool. $165 bucks but worth it if you are gunna use it on 1911 or any other pistols.

Jeez ! Did my wife get all of yall together and teach yall how to solve problems by throwing money at it ?
Or you can use a small hammer and a brass drift.
Yeah, I just invented that. I'm smart like that.

Hi Slacker,
I have read the reviews on this one & some folks complain about the strength of the materials.
What is your opinion on it?
What do you like and what don't you like?

Hi Slacker,
I have read the reviews on this one & some folks complain about the strength of the materials.
What is your opinion on it?
What do you like and what don't you like?
I have used it on 4 Glocks, I put night sights on 2 and suppressor sights on the other 2.
I haven't has any issues with it and it is easy to use.
I read mixed reviews as well but it has been good for me.
I loaned it to a friend and he used it and liked it as well.
I am sure there are better tools out there that are more expensive but this has worked good for me.

Thanks for the input Slacker.

I am leaning towards this unit:
s-l64.jpg

but Spas-12 mentioned that it does not work well on 1911s or other curved slides.
I do like the fine thread adjustment bolts though, they allow greater torque to be applied than the course thread models.
Anyone else have experience with this Sight-Tool unit?

Back
Top Bottom