• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best single stage press for decaping 9mm brass

I bought a Lee auto breech lock pro to decap. The case feeder is cheap and you can decap a lot or rounds quickly. Also, you can remove the index rod and basically make it a single stage. I do get the occasional hiccup with it though.

You can go with the lee brand. They have some basic single stage press in their line. They don't cost much. Or you can spend big bucks for one. Look at what you think you will use it for in the future, not what you are going to use it for now.

Wow great responses. I to use a 550 for everyday stuff but don’t want to tear it down to do small-work. RCBS seems to be the most common way to go.

I started with a 550B for reloading. When I started loading rifles, I found it was a pain to size lubed bottle necked cartridges on the 550B so bought a Lee Challenger single stage for that. I use it for decapping and resizing all rifle cartridges and some pistol when needed. I also use it for swaging military crimped brass and sizing my cast boolits. Have really gotten my money out of it.

They do make the small hand press that would work well for decapping brass.

Rosewood

I started with a 550B for reloading. When I started loading rifles, I found it was a pain to size lubed bottle necked cartridges on the 550B so bought a Lee Challenger single stage for that. I use it for decapping and resizing all rifle cartridges and some pistol when needed. I also use it for swaging military crimped brass and sizing my cast boolits. Have really gotten my money out of it.

They do make the small hand press that would work well for decapping brass.

I have researched the Lee Challanger. It seems like the 9mm shell holder is used for many calibers. Question: can I use a RCBS #16 (9mm) shell holder in the Lee Challanger press?

Rosewood

Back
Top Bottom