• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best solar charger?

There are 225 amp hours in a single 6 volt T105 batt vs 140 amp hours in a single 12v and golf cart batteries are designed to be discharged to a lower state of charge and recover better unlike a conventional 12 volt batt, even the deep cycle ones. Theses batteries weight 62 pounds each which gives you a good idea of how beefy the lead plates are.

They do make 12v golf cart batteries but for me it came down to space and available amp hours.
Thanks for the info.

This guy has one of the best vids on why to have a small solar system and how to install one. Your time won't be wasted if you watch it.

I've been toying with the idea of solar power myself, something more or less for small electronics. Normally not a huge fan of Harbor Freight, but hearing these are the way to go for the money: https://www.harborfreight.com/100-watt-solar-panel-kit-63585.html
Hmm, that actually seems pretty nice.

I'm looking to get power at my dock, right now I have an extension cord from the house but the COE doesn't like it.

I need it to run a boat lift (with an AC motor, but I could switch to DC pretty easily) I also want it to run 2 security cams though, and those are AC. Any thoughts? The cameras would also run 24/7, lift about 10 minutes a day.

Back
Top Bottom