• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best store around to SELL a used gun?

Depends on the gun and what you want to do. I've sold to my LGS quite a few times. They usually have another gun that I want and their prices are right most of the time.

Example: I sell them my $500 gun and they give me $400 for it. They have a $700 gun they'll sell me for $600. They gave me $100 less for my gun but they sold me another one for $100 less as well. So its a wash. But they only charge me tax on the difference...in this case, I would save $28. I've had this exact scenario with them several times.

I sold a gun at a store once, never again. I was in NJ so this was before ODT but I brought a Kimber Custom II for $650 and sold it for $350. I honestly dont know why, I can't imagine I needed the money that bad at that stage in live but eh you live and you learn.

I think you are looking at 50% of market value best case unless it is something super desirable. if you offer a late gen smith or glock, they might try for less or just decline. Most stores are incented heavily to sell new product and they only deal with used product to support selling new product.

The last time I tried to trade at a LGS was before I found ODT, I had a 1980 vintage Ruger SIngle Six with unfired 2 Magnum cylinder , looked like new (it was not for the record) with box. They offered me $125 trade value toward a full priced new weapon

AMF

Back
Top Bottom