• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best store around to SELL a used gun?

Thanks for the feedback all!

So OP are you going to ask that absurd question and go quiet or do you plan to tell us what the skinny is?

My bad. The question came up for me because I enjoy shooting 40cal as much as 9mm or 45. With all the 40cal hate on this site, I didn't know if it would be most cost effective to sell them elsewhere. Based on the feedback on this post, it seems I can still get more here.

A gun store generally is going to look at what they can buy a new weapon for (wholesale) and then depreciate the weapon for being used, and any wear etc from the value, then figure what they want/need to make as a profit in reselling the weapon.
so the gun is likely NOT worth what you think it is, especially to you.
I see a lot of this where to begin with someone pays to much for the weapon to begin with, then adds aftermarket things to it and thinks thats what everyone wants on the gun.
the good points of selling at a gun shop is that the weapon is removed from your name and generally you get the money for it right up front, immediately and can walk out with it in your pocket.

No different than trading in your car or selling it to Carmax. Accessories= zero added value and the price will be 1/3rd of what you paid for it at best.

You could sell most Glocks on the ODT for $350-375 in minutes. At a dealer you'll be lucky to get $250.

Back
Top Bottom