• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best way to finish an 80% lower?

SirBannedAlot

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
171   0
Reaction score
Had one given to me. It's nice and looks like it is the same company that supplies them to Ruger.

I see that these are legal, and that I can finish it into a forearm for myself, but I can never sell it or trade it legally, etc...

My only issue is that the tools needed to finish it, the jig, costs more than just buying a new finished lower. The LGS sells Anderson lowers for $69, and a decent 80% jig from Midway costs $85.

Should I just go buy a new lower for my build and keep this as a paperweight, or is there a better way to finish this lower?

You might bee able to borrow a jig from somebody on here. I've heard that it's easy to do if you have a drill press. Never done one myself. If your up for it l say go for it. Worst that could happen is you end up with a paper weight with some more holes in it.

The real value is that, complete, its functionality an ar that is completely off the books. The lower being the only part that has a serial number and is registered. Everything else can be purchased mail order without any records

Back
Top Bottom