• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Better tighten your nuts when you leave...

Stampede

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Just my rifle, my pony and me.
53   0
Reaction score
...I mean tighten your lug nuts, before you leave the tire shop. Don't trust the shop to do it.

A three judge panel from the Michigan Court of Appeals office in Michigan agreed that a tire rotation by a mechanic could be considered complete - even if the left front lug nuts weren't tightened and the tire & wheel came off less than two blocks down the road.

What a joke.....

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/n...nuts-not-guaranteed-tire-rotation/4101005002/

We carry a 4-way wrench and always test before leaving with the truck/car/or trailer, a friend had to call me one night as he had his truck and trailer tires rotated and balanced the tech barely tightened the trailer tires and they had completely wallowed out the nut holes on (2) of the trailer tire rims. The wallowed out rims were on different sides and axles of the trailer. Called us we got our truck, and trailer went and transferred his New Holland to my trailer and he took the two tires and rims off his trailer and we were off to his home. That was a wake up call to him and every other triphe now checks the lug nus before moving his trailer...

just a simple suggestion to consider before startingout with your trailer, camper,or lawn trailers, rough watching your tire pass you on the highway...

Back
Top Bottom