• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Beware Dead Air Odessa 9

Just took possession of my Odessa 9. I plan on using it with a M9A4 and a Gen 5 Glock 19 and a Ruger PC9. I haven’t fired it with either yet. When I got it home I notice it only has 10 baffles and not the 11 as advertised in the manual. I have been waiting over a week to hear back from their customer service. I emailed them and left a phone message on July 10 and have yet to hear back from them. It makes me wonder about their excellent customer service reputation.
The Odessa 9 does not have 11 baffles anymore.

"The Odessa-9 features a 1.1″ tube, allowing you to fully utilize your stock sights. That’s right, the Odessa-9 is almost as small as our Mask-HD. It is also fully modular and can be shot in multiple configurations. 9 to be exact (well, 10 if you don’t use ANY baffles). If you stack only four baffles you’ll be close to, or below, hearing safe levels with subsonic ammunition. Stack on the full 10 baffles and we’ve hovered just shy of 122dB with HUSH subsonic ammo."

Attachments

• Lineart-odessa.png
    Lineart-odessa.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 11
The Odessa 9 does not have 11 baffles anymore.

"The Odessa-9 features a 1.1″ tube, allowing you to fully utilize your stock sights. That’s right, the Odessa-9 is almost as small as our Mask-HD. It is also fully modular and can be shot in multiple configurations. 9 to be exact (well, 10 if you don’t use ANY baffles). If you stack only four baffles you’ll be close to, or below, hearing safe levels with subsonic ammunition. Stack on the full 10 baffles and we’ve hovered just shy of 122dB with HUSH subsonic ammo."
Thanks, they are using an outdated manual which still indicates it has 11 baffles. Dead Air's response to my concern:

"We stopped shipping those suppressors with an 11th baffle because the 11th baffle did not reduce the sound anymore than the 10th baffle did. Unfortunately the manual is still out dated." Super quick response.

In my opinion their manual should detail operation with fixed barrel devices, which they do not. I'm waiting on a "Fixed Mount" and a "Fixed Barrel Spacer" before I use it on my Ruger PCC's.

I received my Odessa back in July. I replaced the booster spring with the very affordable Hansohn Brothers fixed barrel spacer. I have run it on a Stribog, PSA AR-V, and a PSA AK-V. Ran like a top. I like the AK-V best. It's a little heavier than the other 2 but very well balanced. This is a great little suppressor. Not much bigger diameter than my Mask. I have threaded barrels for my G17 and G19. When I get time I'm going to try those out.

I received my Odessa back in July. I replaced the booster spring with the very affordable Hansohn Brothers fixed barrel spacer. I have run it on a Stribog, PSA AR-V, and a PSA AK-V. Ran like a top. I like the AK-V best. It's a little heavier than the other 2 but very well balanced. This is a great little suppressor. Not much bigger diameter than my Mask. I have threaded barrels for my G17 and G19. When I get time I'm going to try those out.
I ran the Odessa a few days ago with the Dead Air Fixed Mount Adapter. It ran like a top on my Ruger PC Charger. Tried it on my threaded G19 a few the 19 would not cycle with it. Anxious to know if it will run with the Hansohn Brothers FBS.

I ran the Odessa a few days ago with the Dead Air Fixed Mount Adapter. It ran like a top on my Ruger PC Charger. Tried it on my threaded G19 a few the 19 would not cycle with it. Anxious to know if it will run with the Hansohn Brothers FBS.
It should run with no issues on your 19 with a Nielsen device.

Back
Top Bottom