• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

*Beware!* Fostech might steal your money!!!

bxtreme24

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
96   0
Reaction score
Incidentally I had ordered an Echo trigger a couple days before the Vegas incident. (Still waiting for that one. Understandable.)
In light of the current political climate, I figured I’d order another. As a precaution, I called them to inquire about wait times and possible refunds due to legislation restrictions. Their web site says 4-6 weeks lead time on shipping. They said “it will be more like 6 weeks”. (Understandable)
I then asked “if I place an order and legislation is passed, will I be refunded?”
Fostech replied “we don’t know how the wording in that legislation might be written. So if you have concerns, don’t order it.”
So a asked again being more specific, “if I place an order and while waiting for this order to be manufactured and shipped, legislation is passed, restricting you from providing me with the item I paid you for, will you reimbursed my money?”
The Fostech representative replied “we don’t know how the wording in that bill might be written. So if you have any concerns, don’t place an order.”

Are they suggesting that there might be wording in that bill that states they are permitted to keep money from customers without providing the goods they paid for?
I felt like I was getting an answer from a politician who was blatantly intending to screw me over. They would not confirm nor deny if they would give back my $500 if they couldn’t give me the product. In life experience terms, that means they fully intend to keep my money no matter what happens with the product.

So naturally, I ordered the Franklin binary trigger from Franklin Armory, who promised in writing that they would give me a full refund up until the product is shipped.

You're asking them to invest money producing a product they may not be able to deliver. They gave you a clear answer. From a business perspective I understand it. They could be faced with serious losses, and they've made the decision not to take that risk.

You're asking them to invest money producing a product they may not be able to deliver. They gave you a clear answer. From a business perspective I understand it. They could be faced with serious losses, and they've made the decision not to take that risk.

Most businesses don't produce as you pay. They either take the risk on themselves or they stop producing them. Don't make the customer assume that risk. That's bad business and OP is smart to stay the hell away.

i think the cost of production would be covered seeing how they want 450 bucks for maybe 100 bucks of machined metal. Fostech=Awful customer service. They have a better than thou type attitude. Dont want stuck with the parts? Hire more heads in shipping.

Op charge your credit card. If you never received the goods you payed for they have no problem fixing this before its a problem . There will be enough that have done the same as you that will expect the same. Poar legislation!!!

Use a credit card you will always get your money back.
This . I’ve had to alert my card company a few times due to companies playing games and delaying shipping for more then double the quoted time. I’ll dispute the charge and get my money back. So when I use my card there is no risk for me .

AS a matter of contract law, if your contract is to BUY their product, and after you make the deal the government steps-in and prevents them from transferring the product to you, that’s called “force maejure.”

If you and the seller have not agreed on how to handle a force majeure situation, then the only legal doctrine that would apply by default is the doctrine of “impossibility of performance.”

The contract would become null and void, but not breached; neither party would be considered at fault.

So would the seller have to refund your money? I say yes because the only legal reason for them to keep your money would be if it was under the contract where they get to keep your money and they must supply you with the product.

But with no more contract, and no product forthcoming, they lose the right to keep your money. That would be unjust enrichment.

Back
Top Bottom