• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

*Beware!* Fostech might steal your money!!!

If your contract however was for them to build a product for you, then you have to pay for it whether or not they end up delivering it to you because they will have already done substantial work just to create the product that you asked for .

If your contract however was for them to build a product for you, then you have to pay for it whether or not they end up delivering it to you because they will have already done substantial work just to create the product that you asked for .

That's the crux of it, are they built to contract, or to stock. A 6 week lead time indicates they're built to order.

i think the cost of production would be covered seeing how they want 450 bucks for maybe 100 bucks of machined metal.

I think you may be missing a lot of the overhead costs there. As a business they've decided they don't want to take the risk. That's their prerogative, I'm not saying I agree with it, but if you don't like it take your $ elsewhere.

That's the crux of it, are they built to contract, or to stock. A 6 week lead time indicates they're built to order.

I think you may be missing a lot of the overhead costs there. As a business they've decided they don't want to take the risk. That's their prerogative, I'm not saying I agree with it, but if you don't like it take your $ elsewhere.

That's pretty much it. I placed a decent size order with USGruntgear, with a 4-6 week lead time. Most everything with them is made to order. However, they don't charge you till it ships. I prefer to deal with companies with this business model.

agreed, i might be shaving some corners. Its not like it was an original idea that required intense research and development, they copied franklin armory. They did the same withe the bumpfure. They charge way too much prior to vegas.

If their website does not state clearly that the item is built to order then the buyer is not responsible for payment until the item is shipped. Even then, if the item is lost or damaged in transit, it is the responsibility of the shipper to recover their costs from the carrier and the buyer would have to be reimbursed.

The buyer is not on the hook until the item is delivered.

If their website does not state clearly that the item is built to order then the buyer is not responsible for payment until the item is shipped. Even then, if the item is lost or damaged in transit, it is the responsibility of the shipper to recover their costs from the carrier and the buyer would have to be reimbursed.

The buyer is not on the hook until the item is delivered.
exactly. Use a credit card

Well before I took a chance on litigation being the sole basis on whether I get my trigger or not, I would spend 90 more dollars and do the ( buy now ) for 550 on Gun Broker. I mean I look at it as 90 dollar insurance policy.

Well before I took a chance on litigation being the sole basis on whether I get my trigger or not, I would spend 90 more dollars and do the ( buy now ) for 550 on Gun Broker. I mean I look at it as 90 dollar insurance policy.
I litigate at work. Not going to do it during my hobby . American Express and discover may charge insane rates but they got your back and do all the litigation for you.

Each time I had a problem , they removed the charge within 72 hours . I get a letter weeks later saying it has been resolved . That’s why I allow them to charge me a fee at all. I’m paying for that service basically. If you have a credit card then so are you ... you just choose not to use it . Which is cool too. People do that with their comprehensive insurance all the time.

I litigate at work. Not going to do it during my hobby . American Express and discover may charge insane rates but they got your back and do all the litigation for you.

Each time I had a problem , they removed the charge within 72 hours . I get a letter weeks later saying it has been resolved . That’s why I allow them to charge me a fee at all. I’m paying for that service basically. If you have a credit card then so are you ... you just choose not to use it . Which is cool too. People do that with their comprehensive insurance all the time.
Bank of America will do the same thing. All I have to do is call and report the problem and they take care of it. On the night before we were suppose to go on vacation someone in Brazil bought a ton of plane tickets and relieved us of about 7,000 dollars. Within four days every dime was back in the account and all was good.

Back
Top Bottom