• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Beware the gas pump—Updated post #8

Tazz

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Slayer of Spiders...
133   0
Reaction score
Just a heads up for those that haven’t heard, the gas stations have gone back to putting a hold on your funds if you use your debit card at the pump to buy gas. They’re holding anywhere from $75 to $300 when you use the debit card. I had a little money left to get something at the grocery store but when I called the bank just to be sure how much I had the automated thing said I was $100 overdrawn! I talked to an actual person a little while ago and was told the gas stations have started doing that **** again since gas prices went so high, I had no idea they started doing that again. Now I’m waiting to hear back from someone about dismissing the three $36 overdraft charges because I would’ve had money in the bank if the gas station hadn’t put a $75 hold on $20 worth of damn gas. I’m pissed because nowhere at the station have I seen one damn word about the hold on my money. I’ll be paying cash ONLY for gas from now on which is what I usually do anyway because it’s cheaper that way, I didn’t take time to go by the ATM last time and I got screwed. Just beware and use either cash or credit card or you just might get screwed too. :censored:

Tazz....

Update: The lady from the bank called about an hour ago and told me they are waiving all the overdraft fees, (4 of em’ at $36 each!) she said this is happened to a lot of people since gas stations started putting a hold on funds again. There ought to be a company policy of telling folks with a BIG ASS sign about this crap before some unhinged idiot tries to kill some innocent store clerk over it, too many crazies out there that just don’t care about anything anymore much less someone’s life....

Update: The lady from the bank called about an hour ago and told me they are waiving all the overdraft fees, (4 of em’ at $36 each!) she said this is happened to a lot of people since gas stations started putting a hold on funds again. There ought to be a company policy of telling folks with a BIG ASS sign about this crap before some unhinged idiot tries to kill some innocent store clerk over it, too many crazies out there that just don’t care about anything anymore much less someone’s life....

Lesson learned without losing money. Turned out ok. I learned many years ago to not use a debit card for most things. Fighting to get your money back is a ****er. Cash or credit. It's easier to dispute and deal with a bad cc transaction.

Why are you using a debit card? I understand that some people don’t have the credit to get a credit card, but they should especially not be using a debit card since they more than likely don’t have a backup source of funding.

A debit card gives whoever your are paying, plus scammers, access to the money you live on.

I personally pay for everything with a credit card, even my bills. If there is a mistake, or a scam, it’s not my money at risk. Clone it, overcharge it, whatever, I don’t care since it’s not my money.

Plus with a credit card you can get cash back, miles, points, etc.

I use an Amazon prime card and I get so many points, I haven’t spent a penny on an Amazon purchase in years.

I have a debit card strictly for ATMs, but even it’s disabled, and if I want to use it I have to enable it in the banks app. If I could get a regular atm card from my bank I wouldn’t have a debit card at all.

Paying for anything with a debit card is soooo risky, I don’t understand why anyone would use one.

Back
Top Bottom