• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Biden admin press release on firearm suicide prevention

Guns used in suicide?
Fake news.
I don't listen to fake news.
< FINGERS IN EARS, YELLING "I CAN'T HEAR YOU I CANT HEAR YOU , I CAN"T HEAR YOU...">

1636951291809.png

Or, so it happens,,,,

,,,,, but I don't care. No red blooded Patriot should care.
And just acknowledging guns suicides happen makes you anti gun, because you have to oppose EVERYTHING the other side says.
Damn commie lib-tards are always wrong, even when they're right.

This is America, where you have a constitutional right to off yourself with a gun and WITHOUT anybody trying to tell you not to, or advising you to not let anybody else do it with your gun.

New initiatives, announced yesterday:

I have to give them credit. I don't see a single thing in the memo that oversteps their authority. They basically want to run public relations campaigns about safe gun storage and suicide prevention. More training and resources for VA staff to better help at risk veterans who haven't been admitted to a hospital. The memo also goes on to say they want to go after FFLs who are willfull 1st time offenders in regards to selling to prohibited persons, not running background checks, etc. While I'm always concerned about ATF abuse and overreach, I have no problem with FFLs getting busted when they knowingly break the fundamental rules of being an FFL.

Plenty of room for debate on whether or not the feds should be spending our tax dollars on such things, but I find public relations campaigns far less onerous than trying to codify new restrictions on our rights.
Taking any one of the so-called "vaccines" is far more effective (in terms of numbers) than firearm related suicide. May take a little longer.....

I have a leftist nut job cousn who I'm friends with on FB. About once a week he sends me a PM asking if I have gotten rid of my guns, because guns are dangerous. If anyone truelly believes the gubermint is trying to curb suicides by pushing reading material, you probably believed those ads in the 70's against clubbing baby seals and that R 12 refrigerant caused a hole in the ozone. There are 2 types of suicidal people. those who don't tell you they're suicidal and you find out when they are found hanging from the garage door bracket ( Yes, we need to outlaw rope and stable built things to tie that rope to) and the person who blabs on about being suicidal but is only seeking attention. Taking away or implementing more guberment over reach on me is not going to help either. BS smoke and mirrors by Presidente $#!+diaper. If there's only one guy in the military that was suicidal, why can't it be the pilot of Airforce one.

I'm convinced that guns make robberies, home invasions and carjackings much more lethal. Domestic abuse can become more lethal when a firearm is present in the home. We need to lobby congress to pass common sense gun control legislation to reduce the availability of firearms to the average, non LEO/Military trained persons in our country.

Since the left uses overall Gun deaths as "ammunition" towards the right, without realizing that the majority of those deaths are suicides, would it not help "our" cause by reducing those numbers overall? Should we not be mad at gun owners for using guns to kill themselves, which is an overall detriment to our "cause"?

PSA - If you want to commit suicide, I won't stand in your way. That's your Right, but please don't use a firearm.

they want to stop people using guns for suicide? Since when did the government care about the people? If you take guns they’ll just use a knife, you take a knife they’ll just jump. Moral of the story your not stopping SH*T From happening, if someone is going to do something there going to do it.

they want to stop people using guns for suicide? Since when did the government care about the people? If you take guns they’ll just use a knife, you take a knife they’ll just jump. Moral of the story your not stopping SH*T From happening, if someone is going to do something there going to do it.
It's not the suicides. It's the fact that CITIZENS own guns and they want unarmed SUBJECTS who can't fight back.

I have a leftist nut job cousn who I'm friends with on FB. About once a week he sends me a PM asking if I have gotten rid of my guns, because guns are dangerous. If anyone truelly believes the gubermint is trying to curb suicides by pushing reading material, you probably believed those ads in the 70's against clubbing baby seals and that R 12 refrigerant caused a hole in the ozone. There are 2 types of suicidal people. those who don't tell you they're suicidal and you find out when they are found hanging from the garage door bracket ( Yes, we need to outlaw rope and stable built things to tie that rope to) and the person who blabs on about being suicidal but is only seeking attention. Taking away or implementing more guberment over reach on me is not going to help either. BS smoke and mirrors by Presidente $#!+diaper. If there's only one guy in the military that was suicidal, why can't it be the pilot of Airforce one.
Just tell him you lost all your guns in a tragic boating accident.

He won't get the joke, unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom