• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Biden admin press release on firearm suicide prevention

Do we care about reducing firearm suicides?

I do. If somebody says, "Hey, let's make sure new gun owners have info about what options they have for securing their guns," I've got no problem with that. I'm in favor.

As Gingerbeard said above, more education is always better. We share a country with our political adversaries. Sometimes it's a good idea, when the adversaries don't engage in the usual shannanigans, to encourage them to continue doing things that ARE legal and respectful of the Constitution.
Of course we care, but I seriously doubt the majority is effected by hand guns. I’m sure booze and pills still lead the way, cut an artery, by cop, or any plethora of other means that would take out more than guns.

The government cares and is here to help.
84A63890-D6D3-4074-9CE3-579C99CF4586.jpeg

I guess they'll feel better if the suicide is done without a firearm.

Like here dude, just take this whole bottle of aspirin and it won't be so messy for others to clean up. Or do something spectacular and jump off a tall building or something. Dumbass depressed piece of ****, don't shoot yourself you loser, just makes a mess for everyone, and remember they didn't care about you that much to begin with, so they don't wanna pick your brains off the floor.

I wonder if they'll hire me?

I do. If somebody says, "Hey, let's make sure new gun owners have info about what options they have for securing their guns," I've got no problem with that. I'm in favor.

As Gingerbeard said above, more education is always better. We share a country with our political adversaries. Sometimes it's a good idea, when the adversaries don't engage in the usual shannanigans, to encourage them to continue doing things that ARE legal and respectful of the Constitution.
Of course we care about that. The problem is that determined people will kill themselves regardless. We don't have a firearm problem, we have a people problem who are not actually receiving proper mental care to help with reducing leading factors for suicide. And the government sucks at caring about people; the church used to care for people before we handed it over to the government.

Of course we care about that. The problem is that determined people will kill themselves regardless. We don't have a firearm problem, we have a people problem who are not actually receiving proper mental care to help with reducing leading factors for suicide. And the government sucks at caring about people; the church used to care for people before we handed it over to the government.
We used to treat mental illness in this country, now they're applauded and elected to office.

We use to put people in mental wards back in the days. Pharmacy was a multi billion dollar industry in the 50-80’s now there in the hundreds of billions probably more. They found it cheaper to put the mental patient in prisons so everyone now goes to the same place instead of different places. More profit that way, why do you see people all the time loosing NGRI defenses? Cause it’s cheaper to put you in prison than mental hospital to receive help. I quit watching the news years ago, I only know what’s happening when people say “did you hear?”. There all the same snakes with just different heads, when one is severed a different one just as bad if not worse will replace it.

Securing firearms have nothing to do with veteran suicides...we aren't talking about a teenager coming across a firearm and killing themselves, we are literally talking about combat veterans that own the firearms, The firearms have nothing more to do with veteran suicide than forks with obesity.

As posted above, this is literally a conduit to push red flag laws and get the bills passed, and you fell for it. Many others will fall for the...we are here to help and this doesn't sound so bad.

You want to show me you are serious about veteran suicides...stop talking about the guns...and start talking about funding programs that don't promote filling people up with anti depressants and drugs that (wait for it) have side effects that cause suicidal thoughts, make an investment in real doctors, that care about what they are doing and don't just treat veterans like a number. There are many others but that is just a start.

Instead....lets have a little study about firearms and suicide...of course firearms are used in a lot of suicides, its efficient and usually works....if there were no firearms it would be something else.

Stop treating an inanimate object and using it to further an agenda, and actually look at the human beings behind the pain causing the issue in the first place.

But if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy to think this is something more than it really is...go for it...

Back
Top Bottom