• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Big box stores "Bow Techs".

mj325

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
3   0
Reaction score
Why do people take bows to big box stores to get bow work done? I work for one and they give one 8 hour class and expect guys to service and set up bows. Basically all you learn is how to tie D loops and serve peep sights. Then customers get mad when the guy doesn't know how to do something.

I'd never take my bow to a place like Dick's, Academy, or Gander Mountain for work unless by some freak of nature I knew they actually had a knowledgeable bow guy there.

I own a Pro-shop and you would not believe how many bows that come in my shop that have been set up at one of these big box stores and the customer is complaining of not be able to group his shots. I look at it and right off the bat I see cam lean, the timing marks aren't lined up the center shot is off, all kinds of problem. I know of one big box store (Dick's) that has a good tech, but other than that DON'T DO IT.

Learn how to do it yourself.... For the money you'll spend on these idiots screwing your bow up, you can buy a press and some tools. Tons of DIY videos out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Average Joe on the street that decides to take up archery would not know. That's the customer base that those places live off. You live, you learn.

Back
Top Bottom