• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Big buck down

When I get to my computer tomorrow morning!

727E58B7-3E08-4621-9F69-8BB5F2F86594.gif

Here we go! I slipped out of work at 3:30 which for me is about a half a day most of the time. Usually I work 11-12 hours but they were only getting 8 that day with my vacation about to start. I rush out and walk in and get settled in my blind. I was sitting for maybe about 45 minutes. I look to my right and I have 2 does come creeping in. They start feeding and I'm watch them for about 15-20 minutes. All the sudden I see movement out of the corner of my eye, I see these tree's violently shaking. I could see them getting thrashed, at that point I knew it was a buck. He was just destroying them, not making a rub but just trying to tear them to pieces. He was hitting one after another as he came towards the doe's. I guess he was showing off. At that point he was grunting like crazy and putting on a show but I still couldn't see him clearly. All of a sudden he came charging down the hill with authority. When I saw those horn's way outside his ears and high off his head I knew he was what I have been waiting on. As soon as he got to where I could shoot I gave him a mouth bleat and he stopped perfect. I let my 270 ring off! He run 30 yards and rolled down the hill in front of me! It was text book perfect!

Here we go! I slipped out of work at 3:30 which for me is about a half a day most of the time. Usually I work 11-12 hours but they were only getting 8 that day with my vacation about to start. I rush out and walk in and get settled in my blind. I was sitting for maybe about 45 minutes. I look to my right and I have 2 does come creeping in. They start feeding and I'm watch them for about 15-20 minutes. All the sudden I see movement out of the corner of my eye, I see these tree's violently shaking. I could see them getting thrashed, at that point I knew it was a buck. He was just destroying them, not making a rub but just trying to tear them to pieces. He was hitting one after another as he came towards the doe's. I guess he was showing off. At that point he was grunting like crazy and putting on a show but I still couldn't see him clearly. All of a sudden he came charging down the hill with authority. When I saw those horn's way outside his ears and high off his head I knew he was what I have been waiting on. As soon as he got to where I could shoot I gave him a mouth bleat and he stopped perfect. I let my 270 ring off! He run 30 yards and rolled down the hill in front of me! It was text book perfect!
Awesome! Much adrenaline going? LOL!

Back
Top Bottom