• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Big cat caught on my trail cam.

IIRC: DNR denies that a breeding population exists in Georgia.

And:

The panther killed in SW Ga years ago was a Florida panther that had “wandered” into Georgia.
Yes it was indeed a Florida cat, but it wasn’t killed in SW Ga, it was killed in Troup County.

It was around 9-10 yrs ago.
Yep.

I see what you are saying but the profile of that cat looks like a house cat. It doesn't look anything like a big cat. I wish I knew how to post a real cougar profile to match it up. Cougars are a very sleek animal. We had one around here (black panther) with pictures going viral and it was a big black house cat. All the post about it looked the same as these. Tree size was very deceiving in those pictures also.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I never said it was a mature mountain lion. It very clearly is not based on size alone. But it is not a house cat either. If there was only one tree in the pic it could be deceiving, but there are several and they all compare the same. This cat is much to big to be a house cat. I'm thinking young or some type of hybrid.

How big are the trees?
What "split" in the trunk of a tree is 2.5 feet off the ground?
I don't see any split.

That looks like a domestic house cat to me, walking past a tree that might be 14 or 16 inches in diameter.

The best way to judge size is to find a picture of a deer or similar sized animal that was standing in the same general area of that camera site and compare it to the picture the feline.

Back
Top Bottom