• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Big Coyote

Just as a follow up, I saw another coyote in the field the following Monday evening after this initial deal. Time to put the hurt on our local coyote population!

I really need to talk to my neighbors and get permission to shoot any coyote I might see in their yards.
One has 1.5 acres right next to me, and at least half of that ground would be a safe direction to shoot from my deck. If I went into the yard, I could maybe make another 10% of it safe enough to take a shot.

The other neighbor has a cow pasture, with a safe shot across about 3 acres of that land (some of the rest would be unsafe to shoot toward, since the farmhouse is in that direction behind a short patch of woods).

I hear coyotes howling and spooking the herd at least two nights a week.
I've never seen a 'yote in there, but then, since I don't have permission to shoot across the property line onto that pasture land, I've never sat on my deck with my rifle in my lap either.

I really need to talk to my neighbors and get permission to shoot any coyote I might see in their yards.
One has 1.5 acres right next to me, and at least half of that ground would be a safe direction to shoot from my deck. If I went into the yard, I could maybe make another 10% of it safe enough to take a shot.

The other neighbor has a cow pasture, with a safe shot across about 3 acres of that land (some of the rest would be unsafe to shoot toward, since the farmhouse is in that direction behind a short patch of woods).

I hear coyotes howling and spooking the herd at least two nights a week.
I've never seen a 'yote in there, but then, since I don't have permission to shoot across the property line onto that pasture land, I've never sat on my deck with my rifle in my lap either.

Good luck, hopefully they will give you permission to shoot there.

Saw what I believed to be the biggest coyote I’ve ever seen this morning. My weekend morning ritual is to get up and look out the dining room window of the house, across the field, to see what wildlife may be there. To my surprise this morning, I saw 2 coyote. Ran back and got the gun and tried to slip out the house to get a shot. Spooked one coming out the door but the big one stayed about 250 yards out in the field. Couldn’t get the best shot due to some limbs on a tree in the edge of the yard, but tried the shot anyhow. Ashamed to say...I missed. That was one big coyote though!!! Really need to put some plan in place around here to try and slim down the population. It’s spooky to hear them fire up in the evenings when the train rolls through.

get some MB550 traps after you get your free landowner trapping lic from dnr

Just had a large pak of yotes come up to the house ..just had let my dog in and then heard them behind the house..six to eight sets of eye balls..for those in Ballground area be on the look out..fired at them but scared them off...

Have shot 3 here in my backyard over the last few years. Heard one a while back and just today checked the trail cam on the front drive and saw this little one.
Yote 1.jpg

Yote 2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom