• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Big Daddy Unlimited Sides with ATF - Says FRT15 Is A Machine Gun

And they'll regret that if they're the original purchaser and they can't be sell them because of their inflated price. The ATF will almost certainly pay them a visit. They know who has them because of the paper trails left behind when you buy something online. Most attorneys I've seen are recommending that whoever has one in their possession, destroy them. I'd also be careful buying one on a site like this. Especially if it has a bill of sale attached to it. There's nothing stopping the seller from giving the BOS to an ATF agent and throwing you under the bus. Hell, the seller could be an ATF agent for all anyone knows.

If I wanted to buy a forced reset trigger today, I'd buy it in a private face to face sale at a gun show or swap meet, with NO electronic communication with the other party-- no PM's on some website, no text messages, no phone calls, no e-mails. Strictly face to face for cash, and a handshake.

Now if I had a F.R.T. that I wanted to sell --- well it's too late for that, legally. The window of opportunity to see yours legally has closed. At this point, ATF's position is that they're contraband and must be turned-in to the authorities or destroyed, and I assume (but haven't looked this up) that ATF has come up with a set of instructions for how to thoroughly destroy such a machinegun conversion part (as they'd call it, which means it's treated just like a machinegun itself-- same as a post-1981 drop-in auto sear).

But "if" I were to have sold one some time ago when the ban hadn't been formally announced yet, but we knew it was coming, I'd have wanted to do so through an ad, so that I can tell ATF when they come looking for it that I sold it based on somebody's response to my "for sale" or "for trade" ad. That ad doesn't itself prove with 100% certainty that I really did sell it, as contrasted with burying it in the backyard for later use in the Great Zombie Uprising, but it's evidence that I think will make ATF move on and end their inquiry with me.

If I wanted to buy a forced reset trigger today, I'd buy it in a private face to face sale at a gun show or swap meet, with NO electronic communication with the other party-- no PM's on some website, no text messages, no phone calls, no e-mails. Strictly face to face for cash, and a handshake.

Now if I had a F.R.T. that I wanted to sell --- well it's too late for that, legally. The window of opportunity to see yours legally has closed. At this point, ATF's position is that they're contraband and must be turned-in to the authorities or destroyed, and I assume (but haven't looked this up) that ATF has come up with a set of instructions for how to thoroughly destroy such a machinegun conversion part (as they'd call it, which means it's treated just like a machinegun itself-- same as a post-1981 drop-in auto sear).

But "if" I were to have sold one some time ago when the ban hadn't been formally announced yet, but we knew it was coming, I'd have wanted to do so through an ad, so that I can tell ATF when they come looking for it that I sold it based on somebody's response to my "for sale" or "for trade" ad. That ad doesn't itself prove with 100% certainty that I really did sell it, as contrasted with burying it in the backyard for later use in the Great Zombie Uprising, but it's evidence that I think will make ATF move on and end their inquiry with me.
Unless things have changed, the FRT triggers are perfectly legal to buy and sell. The ATF has said that 'some' forced reset triggers are MGs but did not mention a brand and from this BDU news it looks like it may be limited to WOT triggers, although that could change in a heartbeat as we all know.

Back
Top Bottom