• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Big D's bbq (dawsomville)....never again

The only BBQ places I will eat from have to be run down shanties or metal storage buildings with smoke in the background and all Blacks running the place.

Open Thurs., Fri., Sat. BBQ joints that are open 6 or 7 days a week, usually aren't any good IMO.

Their BBQ is no where near the best, but their biscuits and breakfasts are good. Big “cat head” biscuits with your choice of meat and/or eggs, and if you order the pancakes be careful, they are huge. I mean hanging off all around the plate huge.

We order from there occasionally. Typically call ahead and pick up. Their BBQ is okay, not the best I've had, but it'll make a turd. I do like their ribs, but they're pricey

Usually you pay up for quality Q. But when restaurant's get overwhelmed with customers , quality tends to fail.

I don't live close enough to try there q, but if I'm near I won't go for the bad reviews here.

Has anyone had a positive experience at big D's Q ?

Stopped there on the way home from the mountains last weekend cause the gf wanted to try it. We didnt have any complaints. It wasnt the best bbq I've ever had, but it was decent. Definitely wouldnt call it bad. We were satisfied with what we got. We really liked the fried okra and fried green beans, but any moron should be able to make those without messing them up. As far as the actual bbq, I only had a pulled pork sandwich, so I dont know how anything else there is. My gf is from up north and doesnt have enough experience with bbq to really know if its good or not, so her opinion of it doesnt count for much.

Hadn't been there in years, so I tried it at lunch today. Not impressed. Pulled pork was barely warm, no real smoke flavor. Slaw was blah, tasted bland. Crinkle cut fries were good though- lol.

Employees spent too much time griping and gossiping near the dining room, not cool.

Back
Top Bottom